2010 AWARDS SEASON

Photo Coverage: Drama Critics Circle 2009-2010 Awards Ceremony
by Genevieve Rafter Keddy - May 11, 2010

Yesterday evening, May 10, the Algonquin Hotel hosted the 75th Annual New York Drama Critics' Circle Award ceremony honoring the best of the 2009-2010 theatre season. This year's honorees included casts and creative teams of The Orphans' Home Cycle, Fences, Circle Mirror Transformation, The Aliens; Viola Davis, Annie Baker, and Hallie Foote. Presenters included Denzel Washington, who presented the Award for Sustained Achievement to his Fence's co-star Viola Davis, Tony Kushner and Marian Seldes.

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Douglas Hodge
by Broadway Beat - May 21, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Douglas Hodge, nominated for Best Leading Actor in a Musical for his performance in LA CAGE AUX FOLLES. Read the transcript of his interview below!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Twyla Tharp
by Broadway Beat - May 20, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Twyla Tharp, nominated for Best Choreography of a Musical for COME FLY AWAY. Read the transcript of her interview below!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Laura Linney
by Broadway Beat - May 12, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Laura Linney, nominated for Best Leading Actress in a Play for her performance in TIME STANDS STILL. Read the transcript of her interview below!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Kelsey Grammer
by Broadway Beat - May 14, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Kelsey Grammer, nominated for Best Leading Actor in a Musical for his performance in LA CAGE AUX FOLLES. Read the transcript of his interview below!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Christopher Walken
by Broadway Beat - May 19, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Christopher Walken, nominated for Best Leading Actor in a Play for his performance in A BEHANDING IN SPOKANE. Read the transcript of his interview below!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Jude Law
by Broadway Beat - May 13, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Jude Law, nominated for Best Leading Actor in a Play for his performance in HAMLET. Read the transcript of his interview below!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Barbara Cook
by Broadway Beat - May 18, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Barbara Cook, nominated for Best Featured Actress in a Musical for her performance in SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM. Read the transcript of her interview below!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Alfred Molina
by Broadway Beat - May 17, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Alfred Molina, nominated for Best Leading Actor in a Play for his performance in RED. Read the transcript of his interview below!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Sean Hayes
by Broadway Beat - May 11, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Next up - Sean Hayes, nominated for Best Leading Actor in a Musical for his performance in PROMISES, PROMISES. Read the transcript of his interview below!

TV: Broadway Beat Short Take - Sean Hayes
by Robert Diamond - May 10, 2010

The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. Second up - Sean Hayes, nominated for Best Leading Actor in a Musical for his performance in PROMISES, PROMISES.

Photo Coverage: 2010 Drama Desk Nominee Reception
by Robert Diamond - May 7, 2010

Drama Desk nominees received their official Nomination Certificates at a cocktail reception on Thursday, May 6 at Churrascaria Plataforma, New York's authentic Brazilian Steak House, 346 West 49th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues). BroadwayWorld.com was there to share the event with you!

Broadway Beat Tony 2010 Q&A: Catherine Zeta-Jones
by Broadway Beat - May 10, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th and the Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting unedited, raw 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. First up - Catherine Zeta-Jones, nominated for Best Leading Actress in a Musical for her performance in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC. Read the transcript of her interview below!

TV: Broadway Beat Short Take - Catherine Zeta-Jones
by Robert Diamond - May 7, 2010

The day after the nominations, on Wednesday, May 5th, Broadway Beat talked to nearly all of the nominated stars in advance of a special two-part Broadway Beat Tony Awards extravanganza. Every day, we'll be presenting 'Short Takes' sneak peeks of some of these amazing interviews. First up - Catherine Zeta-Jones, nominated for Best Leading Actress in a Musical for her performance in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.

Photo Coverage: 2010 Tony Nominees - The Women
by Walter McBride - May 6, 2010

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th. The Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. Yesterday, BroadwayWorld brought you a sneak peek at photos from the day's 'Meet the Nominees' press event. Today, we bring you the full photo coverage. Meet 'The Women' below!

Photo Coverage: 2010 Tony Nominees - Meet The Women

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th. The Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010.

Photo Coverage: 2010 Tony Nominees - The Men

The Tony Awards Nominations were announced Tuesday, May 4th. The Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 13, 2010. Yesterday, BroadwayWorld brought you a sneak peek at photos from the day's 'Meet the Nominees' press event. Today, we bring you the full photo coverage. Meet 'The Men' below!

Photo Coverage Sneak Peek - Meet the TONY Nominees!
by Robert Diamond - May 5, 2010

Here's a sneak peek at photos from today's 'Meet the Nominees' press event - check back tomorrow for our full coverage.

Carrie Fisher on her Tony Snub
by Nicole Rosky - May 5, 2010

Carrie Fisher, who recently appeared on Broaway in Wishful Drinking, shared her thoughts yesterday via her blog about being left of the 2010 Tony nominee list. Not without a sense of humor, Fiisher expresses 'surprise' over the snub, repeatedly poking fun at the 'stretch' involved in portraying herself in the show.

'The Showtune Mosh Pit' for May 5, 2010
by Paul W. Thompson - May 5, 2010

The latest in unauthorized gossip and buzz from the heart of Chicago's showtune video bars, and musical theater news from Chicago to New York. Awards season, 'Avenue Q,' 'Rock of Ages,' 'The Drowsy Chaperone,' 'The Ghosts of Versailles,' Dominic Missimi, more.....

2010 Tony Award Nominees: 'Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play'
by Charlie Piane - May 4, 2010

Nominations in 26 competitive categories for the American Theatre Wing's 64th Annual Antoinette Perry 'Tony' Awards were announced May 4, 2010 by Broadway Star Lea Michele and Tony Award Nominee Jeff Daniels.

2010 Tony Award Nominees: 'Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play'
by Charlie Piane - May 4, 2010

Nominations in 26 competitive categories for the American Theatre Wing's 64th Annual Antoinette Perry 'Tony' Awards were announced May 4, 2010 by Broadway Star Lea Michele and Tony Award Nominee Jeff Daniels.

Kelsey Grammer Reacts to Tony Nomination and LA CAGE's 11!
by Robert Diamond - May 4, 2010

'My wife called me this morning with the news. I was upstate this morning at our house in New York which is out of cell phone reception, but she managed to get through the switchboard and to reach me and it was a great way to hear and she of course was thrilled too. Honestly, I always thought that the show as pretty wonderful since I saw it in London and I thought that we could make quite the splash in New York with it and I'm glad that I was right about it!

Katie Finneran on Her PROMISES Nomination

'I'm so excited. I'm a late sleeper so I figured last night that if there was going to be good news this morning that I'd find out when i woke up and at least get in a few more hours of my beauty sleep. My boyfriend had called to tell me the news. I just love working on this show. Kristin Chenoweth and I have known each other forever and I'm a huge fan of hers so getting to do a show with her has been great and, God, Sean Hayes is a comedic genius. He's just so generous. The reason that I can do what I do up there is because he encourages complete abandonment. I'm so glad that he's making his Broadway debut in such a huge way.'

Molina, Redmayne & Grandage on RED's 7 Tony Noms!

I heard the phone ringing and I had suspected that it had something to do with that because normally people don't call me at half past 8 in the morning!

« prev 1 … 5  6  7  8  9  10  11  next » 

Videos