Marketing Operations Coordinator - Brooklyn Academy of MusicBack to Jobs | View More Full Time Jobs - Administrative Listings
BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas—engaging both global and local communities with world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more. With an annual operating budget of approximately $50 million —the majority dedicated directly or indirectly to programming—BAM is a leading presenter of emerging and contemporary artists.
BAM is seeking a Marketing Operations Coordinator to provide administrative support for the Marketing & Communications division and assist the Associate Director, to ensure smooth operations in marketing and ticketing. The selected candidate will help coordinate efficient ticket setup process in cooperation with the Associate Director; manage financial operations for the Division, with insight from the Associate Director, department heads, and the VP of Marketing & Communications; administer reports and projects related to spending, sales, and attendance, for live events, cinemas, and other programs, for internal reporting purposes and government/grant reporting; and support BAM in its efforts to provide a welcoming experience for visitors, by facilitating marketing presence at BAM and off-site events.
BAM administrative staff are currently working a hybrid schedule. The ability to work on-site at our main campus is required for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Submit all division Purchase Orders in Multiview in a timely and accurate manner. Communicate with vendors on the status of their payments, as needed.
• Manage the monthly reconciliation of the department credit card and the Petty Cash inventory on a regular basis.
• Maintain OTPS and promo budgets, through monthly reporting and analysis including submitting recodes and modifications to the Finance department, as necessary.
• Produce event setup documents and route to the appropriate parties in Programming, General Management, Finance, Marketing, and Ticketing, to deliver to the Box Office for setup in Tessitura.
• Manage all discounts, promotions, and comp offers both internally and externally; serve as point of contact to all external outlets to set up all promotions and follow up on reporting and payment.
• Coordinate with the marketing team and Box Office to distribute staff comp ticket offers and monitor ticket limits.
• Provide sales updates/reports to individuals across departments internally as well as to external companies based on contractual obligations.
• Manage inventory of all marketing materials and ensure that venues are well-stocked with current printed materials and facilitate for off-site events; maintain archive of all printed materials; analyze inventory usage.
• Facilitate cross-promotions, materials exchanges, list rentals, ticket donations, and other collaborations with peer organizations from BAM’s neighborhood and cultural sector.
• Manage organization of department storage areas; oversee mail and deliveries; coordinate with Building Operations and IT departments for all work orders (deliveries, recycling, event and meeting setup, printer/computer issues); and ensure that the department is stocked with paper, kitchen supplies, etc.
• Coordinate creative executions including advertising and public-facing communications and engagements across multiple platforms while collaborating with multiple teams, including Programming, Creative Services, Marketing, and Publicity Departments.
• Collaborate on positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans for all initiatives and programs working closely with Marketing and Publicity teams to maintain uniform strategy and execution.
• Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) work.
• Comfortable working with DEI concepts, programs, and initiatives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent writing, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
• Anticipates and proposes solutions to challenges before they become problems
• Knowledge of the arts & culture landscape, Brooklyn communities, and/or BAM programming and organization strongly preferred
• Experience with Tessitura or other ticketing software a plus
• Experience with Multiview or other financial software a plus
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
• Ability to track and accomplish multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Patience, flexibility, and comfort with both abstract and concrete assignments
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and ask questions when assignments are unclear, leveraging the expertise of the larger team as well as the Associate Director
• Accuracy with numbers
• Interest in performing and cinema arts
• Good sense of humor and genuine interest in seeking mutually beneficial outcomes in the face of challenges
WORKING CONDITIONS: Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, Ability to sit for prolonged periods. Ability to move throughout the facilities as required to distribute marketing materials throughout BAM lobbies and venues. Ability to work remotely.
COMPENSATION: The salary for this role is $54,235 per year. The role is represented by Local 2110 and will be paid in accordance with the BAM/UAW Local 2110 Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is full-time, exempt, and eligible for benefits. BAM provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan opportunities including both 401(k) and pension plans, and BAM-related benefits, including access to BAM's fantastic programming.
Application Instructions: Must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.