Ann Hampton Callaway Announces New Tour Dates
Tony Award Nominee Ann Hampton Callaway salutes songs made famous in films with her newest album release Jazz Goes To The Movies. To celebrate the album, Callaway is on tour across the US. Check out newly announced tour dates below!
- February 27 - City Winery. Chicago, IL - solo
- March 7 - Arizona Musicfest Scottsdale, AZ
- March 9 - The American Theatre Hampton, VA - w/Amanda McBroom
- March 11 - Greer Cabaret Theatre Pittsburgh, PA w/Amanda McBroom
- March 25 - Sony Hall New York, NY w/ Liz Callaway
- March 29 - Scullers Jazz. Boston, MA
- March 30 - Leon Goldstein Performing Arts Center. Brooklyn, NY
- April 4 - Ornida Theatre Square Ornida, CA w/ Liz Callaway
- April 6 - Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center Santa Clarita, CA w/ Liz Callaway
- April 24 - McCallum Theatre Palm Springs, CA ONO variety show
- April 26 - The Purple Room Palm Springs, CA - solo
- April 27 - Sunset Center. Carmel, CA - solo
- June 1 - Acorn Theater Three Oaks, MI - solo
- June 8 - Geneva Music Festival Smith Opera House Rochester, NY - solo
- June 25 & 26, 28 & 29 - 54 Below. New York, NY - solo
- July 13 - Huntington Summer Arts Festival Huntington, NY w/ Liz Callaway
- August 15 - Vinegar Hill Music Theater Arundel, ME - W/Liz Callaway
- September 13 - Hoyt Sherman Place Des Moines, IA
- September 20 - Landmark On Main Street Port Washington, NY w/ Susan Werner
- September 21 - South Orange Performing Arts Center. South Orange, NJ w/ Susan Werner
- October 3 - Irvine Barclay Theatre. Irvine, CA w/ Tierney Sutton
- October 12 - The Smith Center For The Performing Arts. Las Vegas, NV w/ Liz Callaway
- October 26-29 - Dimitriou's Jazz Alley. Seattle, WA w/ Tierney Sutton
- December 18 - Kravis Center West Palm Beach, FL
Check here for ticket info http://www.annhamptoncallaway.com/tour_information.html
This show, explores the fascinating ways jazz and film have come together to tell stories.The playlist includes "Taking a Chance on Love" from Vernon Duke's Cabin in the Sky, "Let's Face the Music and Dance" from Irving Berlin's Follow the Fleet, "This Time the Dream's on Me," from Harold Arlen's Blues in the Night, and "As Time Goes By," the Herman Hupfeld classic from Casablanca.
Callaway also performs jazz songs she has recorded for films, including "Come Rain or Come Shine" from The Good Shepherd, starring Robert DeNiro, "The Nearness of You" from Last Holiday starring Queen Latifah, and "Pourquoi," a song she wrote for the new film Blind, starring Alec Baldwin and Demi Moore.
Jazz Goes to the Movies is mainly a celebration of the golden age of songwriters from the 30's and 40's who wrote love songs for the silver screen that gave people dreams when they needed them most. It's a perfect time to celebrate...dreams and a sense of hope.