NIGHTLY NEWS WITH LESTER HOLT is No. in Key Demo for 60th Consecutive Week
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH LESTER HOLT won the key demo for the week of August 7th, marking its 60th straight week at #1. The broadcast continues to dominate with viewers most valued by news advertisers, averaging 1.695 million A25-54 viewers. The broadcast led "ABC World News Tonight" by +77,000 viewers (+5 percent) and "CBS Evening News" by +433,000 viewers (+34 percent). Nightly News grew week-over-week by 3 percent in the key demo, posting its largest A25-54 audience in eight weeks.For the week, Nightly News averaged 1.199 million A18-49 viewers, outperforming ABC by +90,000 viewers (+8 percent) and CBS by +354,000 viewers (+42 percent). Among A18-49 viewers, Nightly News has won 105 of the last 106 weeks. 7.588 million total viewers tuned into Nightly News on average for the week of August 7, leading CBS by +1.808 million (+31 percent). Nightly News remains the #1 evening newscast this season in the key demo, delivering its largest demo lead over CBS in three seasons.
- Nightly News averaged 1.695 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming ABC by +77,000 viewers (+5%) and CBS by +433,000 (+34%).
- Nightly News has ranked #1 in A25-54 for 60 consecutive weeks.
- Nightly News averaged 1.199 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +90,000 (+8%) and CBS by +354,000 (+42%).
- Among A18-49 viewers, Nightly News has won 105 of the last 106 weeks.
- Nightly News averaged 7.588 million total viewers, leading CBS EVENING NEWS by +1.808 million (+31%).