NBC News & MSNBC To Broadcast Live, Around The Clock Coverage of Historic US-North Korea Summit
NBC News and MSNBC together will deliver around-the-clock coverage of the historic meeting between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, anchored live from Singapore and NBC News world headquarters in New York, with anchors and correspondents reporting from locations on the ground as well as Seoul and Beijing.
Coverage of the summit on the NBC broadcast network begins as President Trump lands in the region on Sunday, June 10, with Lester Holt, anchor of "NBC Nightly News" reporting live from Singapore. "NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt" originates live from Singapore Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Holt will also anchor NBC News' special reports throughout the summit and will contribute to 'TODAY.'
NBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell, NBC News chief White House correspondent Hallie Jackson, NBC News national correspondent Peter Alexander, and NBC News White House correspondent Kelly O'Donnell will report throughout the summit for 'TODAY,' 'NBC Nightly News,' and MSNBC. White House reporter Jonathan Allen will be on the ground in Singapore for NBC News Digital, providing breaking news coverage and analysis.
On MSNBC, coverage starts, June 11 with "Morning Joe" and will remain in rolling 24-hour coverage through Wednesday night with Mitchell and Jackson anchoring split-shows on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. David Gura will anchor MSNBC's overnight coverage leading into Tuesday morning with Yasmin Vossoughian and Ayman Mohyeldin anchoring "Morning Joe's First Look" at 4 a.m. ET.
Rachel Maddow and Brian Williams, joined by Nicolle Wallace, will lead MSNBC's primetime coverage on Monday night anchored from MSNBC World Headquarters in New York, with live reports from MSNBC and NBC News correspondents on the ground in Singapore and around the world.
NBC News chief foreign correspondent Richard Engel will cover the global implications of the summit from the ground in Seoul along with NBC News chief global correspondent Bill Neely in Singapore, and NBC News correspondent Janis Mackey Frayer from Beijing.
NBC News and MSNBC contributors joining the coverage include:
- NBC News & MSNBC National Security Analyst
- Former Chief of Staff at CIA and DOD
- Founder and Managing Director of Beacon Global Strategies LLC
- NBC News & MSNBC Korean Affairs Analyst
- Professor, Georgetown University
- Author, "The Impossible State: North Korea, Past and Future"
Ambassador Chris Hill
- NBC News & MSNBC Diplomacy Expert
- Former US Ambassador to Iraq, South Korea, Poland, and Macedonia
- Former Assistant Secretary of State for East Asia/Pacific Affairs
- Author, "OUTPOST: A Diplomat at Work"
- NBC News & MSNBC Political Contributor
- Former Deputy National Security Advisor
- Author, "The World as It Is: A Memoir of the Obama White House"
- NBC News & MSNBC Global Affairs Contributor
- Senior Counselor Albright Stonebridge Group
- Senior Fellow Belfer Center Harvard
- Former Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs
Admiral James Stavridis
- NBC News & MSNBC Chief International Security and Diplomacy Analyst
- Dean, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy Tufts University
- Former Supreme Allied Commander at NATO
- Author, "The Accidental Admiral"
Special coverage of the summit will stream live on NBCNews.com. The live stream will also be available on NBC News apps, YouTube, and OTT platforms. NBC News' Snapchat Show, 'Stay Tuned,' will also provide special coverage of the historic event.