RATINGS WATCH
Click Here for More Articles on RATINGS WATCH

LIVE WITH KELLY AND MICHAEL Ends November with Best Numbers Since Beginning of Year

During the final week of the 2014 November sweep (week of 11/24/14), "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" hit new season highs, up week to week by 3% in Homes (3.2 rating vs. 3.1 rating) and 3% in Total Viewers (4.360 million vs. 4.239 million), while growing for the 3rd straight week in Women 25-54 (+6% - 1.7 rating vs. 1.6 rating). In fact, "LIVE" scored 9-month highs in Homes and Women 25-54 and a 10-month high in Total Viewers - since the weeks of 3/3/14 and 2/3/14.

  • "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" ranked as the week's No. 1 Syndicated talk show in Women 25-54 (1.7 rating), beating "Dr. Phil" by 6% (1.6 rating) and "Ellen" by 6% (1.6 rating). "LIVE" outperformed "Ellen" for the 11th consecutive week in Households and Total Viewers (2.9 rating and 3.975 million) to stand as the No. 2 syndie talker of the week.
  • Wednesday's THANKSGIVING Eve telecast of "LIVE" (on 11/26/14) matched the show's highest-rated single telecast on any day in Women 25-54 (2.0 rating) since the show's post-Oscars broadcast in March and was the show's 2nd-strongest so far this season in Homes (3.5 rating) and Total Viewers (4.815 million), behind only the show's Halloween broadcast.
  • Up over the year-ago week (3.1 rating and 4.199 million) by 3% in Homes and by 4% in Total Viewers, "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" has grown year to year in all 13 weeks of its season.

During the 2014 November sweep, "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" grew over the year-ago November for the 2nd straight year in both Households (+7% - 3.1 rating vs. 2.9 rating) and Total Viewers (+7% - 4.169 million vs. 3.888 million) to post its strongest November sweep in 3 years - since 2011. In fact, excluding the November 2011 sweep (which included the highly rated final weeks of Regis as co-host), "LIVE" delivered its best November in 8 years in both Nielsen measures - since 2006.

In addition, "LIVE" posted the largest year-to-year gains among the top-tier talk shows in Homes (+7%) and Viewers (+7%), as "Ellen" declined -3%/-1%, respectively, and "Dr. Phil" was up +3%/+6%, respectively.

"LIVE" scored its top performance for any sweep period in 3 years in Households (3.1 rating) - since November 2011.

  • Moving up a notch this year, "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" finished the November sweep as the No. 2 Syndicated talk show in Households and Total Viewers, leapfrogging over "Ellen" (2.9 rating and 4.007 million).

"LIVE with Kelly and Michael" is distributed in national syndication by Disney-ABC Domestic Television. Produced by WABC-TV in New York and executive produced by Michael Gelman, "LIVE" airs in more than 200 markets across the U.S. Visit "LIVE" on the web at LIVEKellyandMichael.com, on Facebook, or follow "LIVE" on Twitter and Instagram, @KellyandMichael.

NOTE: The Thursday, 11/27/14 and Friday, 11/28/14 telecasts of "LIVE" were coded as breakouts and are not included in the show's averages.

Source: The Nielsen Company, National Live + Same Day Program Ratings, weeks of 11/24/14, 11/17/14 & 11/25/13, 2014 November Sweep (10/30-11/26/14) and 2013 November Sweep (10/31-11/27/13),



Related Articles


From This Author TV News Desk

Before you go...

Never Miss a Story
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Follow Us On Instagram instagram
   
popup