Jim Carrey, America Ferrera, Rachel Bloom, Join the Vulture Festival LA Lineup
Vulture today announced additions to THE LINEUP for its second annual Vulture Festival Los Angeles Presented by AT&T, a weekend of high-profile events bringing the entertainment site to life, and an expansion of the pop-culture extravaganza that has taken place in New York City for the last five years. Vulture Festival Los Angeles's lineup includes actors in conversation, exclusive screenings, cast reunions, live podcasts, a comedy show, table reads, a private museum tour, and more, taking place November 17-18, primarily at the iconic Hollywood Roosevelt in Los Angeles, with select events at other venues. Additional events will be announced in the coming weeks.
Joining the already-announced events, additions to the two-day live showcase, curated by Vulture's editors, are:
· JIM CARREY IN CONVERSATION WITH JERRY SALTZ. While he's not being one of the most legendary comedic and dramatic award-winning actors, Jim Carrey is a prolific fine artist, producing paintings, sculptures, and mixed media pieces. With the election of Donald Trump, Carrey's work turned decisively political, drawing the attention of art fans and critics. One of those critics is New York Magazine and Vulture senior art critic, the Pulitzer Prize-winning Jerry Saltz. They will meet at Vulture Festival to talk about art, in all its forms.
· THE OTHER TWO WORLD PREMIERE WITH SPECIAL GUEST MODERATOR FRED ARMISEN. Comedy Central's upcoming scripted series, The Other Two, stars Drew Tarver as a 28-year-old actor struggling to get better auditions than "Man at Party Who Smells Fart," and Heléne Yorke as his 30-year-old sister, who is struggling in general. As the two work toward finding themselves, their lives are completely upended when their 13-year-old brother, Chase, becomes incredibly famous overnight. Executive-produced by Lorne Michaels, the half-hour series is created, written, and executive-produced by award-winning former co-head writers of Saturday Night Live, Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider. Following the world premiere screening of the pilot episode, join Kelly and Schneider as they talk about their creative process and the world of comedy alongside stars Tarver and Yorke and panel moderator Fred Armisen.
· RACHEL BLOOM: IN CONVERSATION. Rachel Bloom, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend co-creator-star and Vulture Festival VIP, once again graces us with her presence for a rousing discussion about her four seasons of CW bliss, the art of being a co-creator and executive producer, and, presumably, musical theater.
· BEHIND THE SCENES OF JANE THE VIRGIN. Creator and showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman and the writers of the show sit down to talk about the initial creation of the Villanueva family, crafting believable drama in a heightened reality, and how they escaped the sophomore slump to continue telling rich and often hilarious stories with characters you can't help rooting for in every episode.
· TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE'S LANA CONDOR AND JENNY HAN. The rom-com has never been more alive in the 21st century, thanks to films like To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Star Lana CONDOR and writer-producer Jenny Hanshare behind-the-scenes stories about the movie, in which a series of secret love letters wreak havoc on Lara Jean's life when all her former crushes find out how she really feels.
· AMBER TAMBLYN AND ROXANE GAY HOST FEMINST AF. Amber Tamblyn and Roxane Gay are bringing back their Vulture Festival staple reading series, Feminist AF, for another afternoon showcasing the most daring voices in feminist writing today. Vulture Festival is honored to continue our relationship with the essential series. We're honored AF. Special guests will include America Ferrera and more to be announced.
· Syfy PRESENTS DEADLY CLASS. SYFY presents an advanced screening of the highly anticipated new series, Deadly Class, based on the hit graphic novel by Rick Remender and Wes Craig. Executive-produced by the Russo Brothers (Avengers: Infinity War), Deadly Class follows the story of Marcus, a teen living on the streets who is recruited into an elite private academy where the world's top crime families send their next generations to learn the deadly arts. Followed by a conversation with RickRemender and Miles Orion Feldsott, the executive producers, co-creators and co-showrunners of the series.
· ICONIC CARTOON VOICES READ ICONIC MOVIE SCENES. Voice-over actors perform live excerpts from cult classics as various animated characters. Participating voices include Maurice LaMarche (Futurama, Pinky and the Brain), Robert Paulsen (Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain), and more to come!
· COMEDY PODCAST TRIVIA GAME SHOW WITH COUPLES THERAPY, GLOWING UP, AND JORDAN, JESSE, GO! Podcast teams go head-to-head in this trivia competition as they battle to the death. Well, not really literal death, but it's still a blood sport. Our entertainment experts will compete for the coveted prize of fist bumps and kudos as they show off their pop-culture knowledge in rapid-fire rounds. Teams from your favorite podcasts include the hosts of Couples Therapy, Glowing Up,and Jordan, Jesse, Go!
· THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: AN INTERACTIVE SCREENING PRESENTED BY SCREENVISION MEDIA. Watch The Devil Wears Prada like never before - with the people who made it. Screenwriter Aline Brosh McKenna (Crazy Ex-Girlfriendco-creator) and director David Frankel will be on hand to offer their behind-the-scenes stories. And we'll be giving the audience the chance to play along as Ahhhhhndrea, Emily, and Miranda spar and swan onscreen.
Tickets are mostly in the $30 range and include access to the AT&T Vulture Lounge poolside at The Hollywood Roosevelt and go on sale to the general public on October 18 at vulturefestival.com. A limited quantity of all-access Vulture Passes will be available for $425 (excluding The Broad tour. Follow @VultureFestival and @Vulture for updates.
The weekend will kick off on Friday, November 17, with an exclusive opening-night party at The Hollywood Roosevelt, co-hosted by AT&T.
Vulture Festival Los Angeles is presented by AT&T, with official sponsor Heineken; content partners: truTV, CBS All Access, SYFY; and media sponsors: iHeartMedia, Screenvision Media, and SiriusXM.