ESPN Taking It to the Hoop with Men's College Basketball Coverage This Season
ESPN's men's college basketball schedule will provide fans with more than 840 matchups across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, SEC Network and Longhorn Network this season. Additional games on ESPN3, SEC Network + and ACC Network Extra provide fans with access to a record-setting 2,100 matchups, all available on the ESPN app, leading up to championship play. The 2017-18 slate includes all but one team on Myron Medcalf's Way-Too-Early Top 25.The Armed Forces Classic from Ramstein Air Base (Germany) tips off ESPN's regular season coverage, with Texas A&M facing West Virginia on Friday, Nov. 10, at 6 p.m. ET on ESPN. College GameDay covered by State Farm, in its 14th season, will originate from the site of ESPN's Saturday Primetime Presented by AT&T game each week, beginning January 20 through March 3. The morning edition of the show will begin at 11 a.m. on ESPN and will conclude with a pre-game lead-in for the game-of-the-week telecast. GameDay will also have a presence at the State Farm Champions Classic at United Center in Chicago and the Tobacco Road rivalry matchup between Duke and UNC on Thursday, Feb. 8 (8:15 p.m., ESPN).
- State Farm Champions Classic - the premier early-season event brings top teams Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Michigan State under one roof for two matchups on Tuesday, Nov. 14. The neutral-site doubleheader, in its seventh year, will be played at United Center in Chicago. Both matchups are on ESPN, with Duke facing Michigan State at 7 p.m., followed by Kentucky playing Kansas at 9:30 p.m.
- PK80 presented by State Farm - will be played over Thanksgiving weekend in Portland, Ore., as the 16 participating teams honor Nike co-founder and 2012 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame inductee Phil Knight in advance of his 80th birthday; the event features some of the top programs in the country - 23 National Champions, including 10 of the past 14 winners
- SEC Network - more than 100 exclusive matchups on the network, as well as coverage of the early rounds of the SEC Tournament; Michael Porter Jr., the No. 3 recruit out of the Class of 2017, makes his debut with Missouri on Nov. 10 (vs. Iowa State, 9 p.m.)
- Longhorn Network - the 24-hour network devoted to The University of Texas will televise eight home games this season, including three Big 12 conference matchups
- Serving Fans. Anytime, Anywhere: From opening night to the end of the regular season (Nov. 10 - March 4), fans can watch men's COLLEGE BASKETBALL ON ESPN television networks all but five days during the season