Rosie O'Donnell cruise

Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rosie O'Donnell cruise#0
Posted: 1/10/04 at 11:37am
I see that Rosie O'Donnell is arranging a gay cruise. Does anyone doubt that Taboo will be the entertainment on the cruise?
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rosie O'Donnell cruise#1
Posted: 1/10/04 at 11:58am
It is going from NYC to the Bahamas.
CCM '10!
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Rosie O'Donnell cruise#2
Posted: 1/10/04 at 2:05pm
Not just a gay cruise...
A gay cruise with "family values"...

Instead of oil massages on the pool deck before lunch, everyone can attend a lecture on artificial insemination.

Shipboard entertainment: Anything to get Taboo off Broadway, and something better on.
Hamlet's father.
newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Rosie O'Donnell cruise#3
Posted: 1/10/04 at 2:21pm
Does anyone else think this is retarded?
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Rosie O'Donnell cruise#4
Posted: 1/10/04 at 8:25pm
I don't think its retarded at all. Same sex parents raising families, especially those living in places where the alternative family structures are more out of the ordinary, might find it a welcome option. Like her or not, she deserves credit for trying.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Will they be screening MOMMIE DEAREST?
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rosie o'donnell cruise#6
Posted: 1/11/04 at 12:05am
no, no, no, they'll be screening a retrospective of the rosie show frombeginning to end, non-stop, 24-hrs a day, 7 days a week, on every monitor on the ship, with no alternative programming, all rosie, all the time, with discussion groups about rosie and support groups for rosie fans who're still adjusting to the show being gone, and the show will be broadcast on movie screens behind foam headed seussian characters singing songs from taboo and rent while acting out castration themes and offering praise and all glory to the goddess.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: rosie o'donnell cruise#7
Posted: 1/11/04 at 12:20am
ckeaton- Have you seen Taboo? Raul Esparza, Euan Morton, Jeffrey Carlson, Cary Shields and Liz McCarthy are fabulous. Asa Somers is also wonderful, but I have to put him in the hot chorus boy category. Sorry dude!
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: rosie o'donnell cruise#8
Posted: 1/11/04 at 12:31am
cary was FAB in Rent
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: rosie o'donnell cruise#9
Posted: 1/11/04 at 12:33am
Cary has a great voice. Jeffrey Carlson steals the show though. The boy's got great cheekbones!
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
mebice Profile Photomebice Profile Photo
mebice
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: re: re: rosie o'donnell cruise#10
Posted: 1/11/04 at 2:49am
yes...if they did have taboo as entertainment...i would be on there re: re: re: re: re: rosie o'donnell cruise i may not be a gay person with a family..but I know entertainment when i see or hear it.
"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They'll probably have the 30 minute shopping mall version of Taboo on board so they can sell all the left over t-shirts, caps etc. A nightly raffle where you can win a costume from Taboo.
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am taking up a collection to send broadwayguy2 on Rosie's gay cruise. He needs to get out more.

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't think there's any point in sending our BG2 on a "family values" gay cruise. I think he'd be happier on one of those horrifying (to me) looking Atlantis or RSVP cruises. You know, the ones with circuit boys who have identically shaved bodies? That kind.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is actually a clever marketing idea that might gain tremendous support from corporate sponsors.

1. Captive audience = you're trapped on ship
2. Brand Affinity = everyone trusts Rosie
3. Market segmentation & identity = families headed by gay parents are increasingly becoming a targeted audience
4. Corporate Image repositioning = sponsors can reposition their image as being liberal supports of families headed by gay parents

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead on this cruise, but it's a smart marketing ploy. Cruise ships are always looking for themes to bring out the audience that normally doesn't travel by ship.

Broadway Bulldog

Updated On: 1/11/04 at 11:04 AM
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am taking up a collection to send Broadway Bulldog on Rosie's gay cruise. He can share a cabin with broadwayguy2.

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's offensive: artificial breeders
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone in particular so I'll edit it out.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

My apologies, Broadway Bulldog

Updated On: 1/11/04 at 11:24 AM
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am not much into circuit parties.. and if the two of us went on a cruise and shared a cabin, it would NOT be pretty.

Perhaps Phantom and I could go on a cruise together...
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One thing about sharing a cabin with BWG2 is the fact that both of us would come out changed men. Who knows we might even like each other. Life is stranger than cyberboards.

Bulldog.
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I want a cabin with a balcony so I can sing, "Open a new window, open a new door..."
broadwayguy2- If you say back door we are finished!

Updated On: 1/11/04 at 12:14 PM
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I promise I won't.

What about the Voyager Of The Seas? I have always a cruise on that ship since I first saw what all was on board and it looks pretty too.
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Every night in my dreams...

Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not fond of the circuit party clones (The Stepford Queens) myself. They remind me of some sort of cult. Everyone shaves off their body hair, hemp chokers, identical pecs on display, glow sticks, the color guard flag twirler, and every tenth guy in white lycra short and white feather wings all drinking from plastic cups and bouncing around for hours to a couple hundred songs that you can set a metronome to. I prefer a little individualism and variety (outside different colored lycra). The idea of being trapped on a ship surrounded by this makes my skin crawl. It reminds me of that horrible MTV reality thing set on a gay cruise where the only activities were circuit-style dancing and hooking up.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
amen matt.. sorry, I may like to oggle the adorable bois, but I like a variety and I like them to have substance to them.