Page: 1

Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight

supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#1
Posted: 3/19/08 at 11:16pm
My daughter and I attended a fashion show hosted by Tim Gunn tonight at Dillards in N. Fl. First of all, he is very funny, honest, and incredibly personable! The audience of hundreds of people loved him! Anyway, he said there were several designers on PR that if he saw again, he would run. Here they are: Wendy Pepper, Zulema, Vincent, and Vyktoria. He said Vyktoria was the crabbiest of all the crab apples! He said she probably would have walked off the show if she had to design for the wrestlers! He said Christian is well beyond his years and is this generation's Marc Jacobs. Someone asked him if he knew where Andre was- he said he is teaching at the Fashion Institute in California. He said he saw him with a full head of hair and he looked like a Chia pet (he has since shaved it off). He also said that Amy Poehler's impression of Christian was brilliant and he loved the SNL parody. It was a very fun evening! mom
verynewyorkcurious Profile Photoverynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#2
Posted: 3/19/08 at 11:52pm
He sounds awesome. I'm a big fan of Tim Gunn. I loved Tim Gunn's Guide to Style. He's a class act.

Victorya did look really crabby, but I thought she was a great designer. Which one was Vincent again? Oh was it that weird older guy!
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#2
Posted: 3/19/08 at 11:57pm
Tim said he thought Vyktoria was a great designer- just not very pleasant. Vincent was the older guy in Season 3- he was definitely in his own little world. He was the one who won the challenge designing the dress for Uli's mom. You're right though- Tim is the best and is a CLASS ACT!
kate2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#3
Posted: 3/20/08 at 11:40am
Love that Tim Gunn! Sounds like a great event you went to!
orangeskittles Profile Photoorangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#4
Posted: 3/20/08 at 11:51am
There's a rumor that when Victorya was auffed from the show, she blew up and started screaming at the judges, then stormed off the set. The producers had to intervene and force her to come back to film an acceptable ending for TV.
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#5
Posted: 3/20/08 at 11:54am
I think a "blow up" would have been a lot more entertaining.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
AC126748 Profile PhotoAC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#6
Posted: 3/20/08 at 11:57am
If that's true, it's very interesting. In a recent interview Victorya said something like, "when I was eliminated, I was ready to go". A major blow-out would certainly contradict the cool and collected image that she tries to project.

ETA: Did anyone read this letter that Victorya wrote to Blogging Project Runway regarding Tim's comments about her? Just some excerpts:

"I have to say that to respond to Tim's comments at all was a big dilemma for me. But your invitation to get my version out there was just too tempting, and I feel like I've been placed squarely in a position where I have no option but to do so. And let me tell you, it's hard to step into the ring with someone whose public persona is so liked, even when he's holding open those ropes. But it seems as if Tim initiates these verbal sparring battles with designers from past seasons, when it should all be over for us and we'retrying to make the best of the show. For all that he has said, that he wishes us well, that he really cares about us...hey, I've always thought that your deeds and work speak for themselves, beyond any words.

It's no secret that it's been extremely hard for me to take any of Tim's advice to heart, chiefly because I don't think he is qualified to give it. Tim was, for many years, the dean of Parsons,which is a fancy word for administrator. Does that automatically give him the credentials to assume the role of an arbiter of fashion? I can see how he might be capable of teaching say, fashion history, but design?"

"So this is where I think I went wrong. My assessment of Tim has always been strictly professional and it was never intended to be personal at all. But seeing his response now, I was a little startled by how caustic his words were, and how personally he's taken it. When you get riled up, of course your emotions will cloud your assessment. That's the only way that I can make sense of so many factual inaccuracies in what Tim has said. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that he's getting things wrong. But the ill-will in his words are so evident, I can only take it that he does not mean me well, and that can alarm anyone...even an ice princess!

The most lamentable thing of it all though, is that Tim feels as if he can speak about what I went through when Jack left the show. I've always thought that if anyone should speak about that whole experience, it's Jack. No one should have been more upset. It shouldn't be about me, about the show, about anything else. It should be about Jack."
http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2008/03/victorya-responds.html
"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 3/20/08 at 11:57 AM
orangeskittles Profile Photoorangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#7
Posted: 3/20/08 at 12:13pm
I thought that as well, but from what I've read, people believe she could have said something about the show's production that they didn't want "revealed". Again, just a rumor, but of all the contestants on this season, she seemed the most likely.

In the reunion show, they made some comment about how she was very upset when Jack left, but they cut off the discussion so it was just left hanging with no follow-up. That was weird as well.
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#8
Posted: 3/20/08 at 12:17pm
Vincent was nuts!
kate2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#9
Posted: 3/20/08 at 3:25pm
I would've loved to see Victorya "blow up" when she was leaving. Any emotion from her would have been nice to see. She was just so blaaaahh. And Vincent was just plain crazy. I'd run from him if I saw him walking down the street! Anyone who gets "turned on" by the sleeves of a dress or anything like that is a little on the crazy side!
Tom1071 Profile PhotoTom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#10
Posted: 3/20/08 at 5:12pm
Vyktoria was so unpleasant. I have never wanted to smack someone so hard.
xxnewgirlxx Profile Photoxxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tim Gunn's comments I heard tonight#11
Posted: 3/20/08 at 5:58pm
I love Tim Gunn. He was on "the Biggest Loser" the other night helping the contestants with their makeovers. He is so charming and warm and smart and pleasant. Everything Victorya is not. OK, maybe she's smart...