Olbermann's Special Comment tonight - Hillary Clinton

pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"On last night's "Countdown," Keith Olbermann announced that tonight he'd be delivering another of his "Special Comments" his impassioned, angry monologues fueled by outrage and usually addressed to President Bush and the Bush administration. Tonight, his special comment will be directed at Hillary Clinton and, for the first time, his special comment will be directed exclusively at a Democrat."

Keith Olbermann To Do 'Special Comment' About Hillary Clinton Tonight First Time Targeting A Democrat
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 3/12/08 at 02:50 PM
BigFatBlonde Profile PhotoBigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd go straight for Olbermann.

What great ones do the less will prattle of
Updated On: 3/12/08 at 03:12 PM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sounds like Olbermann is going to be a TOTAL BITCH tonight.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
BigFatBlonde
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is getting good.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ouch
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow...
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, unfortunately that's how the Clinton camp will probably react.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did anyone else think the white flags flapping behind Olbermann's head looked like a KKK rally?
PEACE.
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How anyone could simply yawn at that is beyond me.

I really like Hillary Clinton. I really do. But everyday as this campaign goes on she sinks lower and lower in my eyes. And I started as an impassioned supporter of hers. She needs to do something.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BigFatBlonde
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Class Act.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Class act? What class act?

Tonight Keith Olbermann became Keith O'Reilly, another loudmouthed fathead shouting till he was blue in the face, goosing up his ratings by spewing hatred to an already hating audience.

Whatever happened to class?
Kristie-K2 Profile PhotoKristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh Keith Darling....You are soooo dramatic.....

You should of been an actor......

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well Hillary took it to heart.
Hillary Apologizes to Black Voters
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually thought he made a good point. Hillary's campaign has sort of taken a couple wrong moves recently. For people like me who were sitting on the fence on who to vote for she has me definitely leaning toward Obama.
Like it or not the way her campaign has handled Ferraro is going to effect the way she is seen. I didn't see him spewing hate but rather disappointment and disapproval at Clinton not disavowing and distancing herself from Ferraro's comments.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now THAT'S a class act.
BigFatBlonde
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Class act? What class act?"

To me he handled presenting his perspective with respect, passion,intelligence and aplomb.

In my book = A Class Act.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think it would be wise for Mrs. Clinton to look at the constructive criticism, accept it or reject it and then live with the consequences either way.

It's quite obvious that some people sitting on the fence would be the ones being swayed (one way or the other) by what has happened with Mrs. Ferraro over the past few days. To yawn or to try and shoot the messenger will not help the situation.

Even if some of her diehard supporters don't recognize it, her apology this evening was a good first step.

I know that for some supporters their candidate can do no wrong. They can. ALL of them can.
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"spewing hatred"

Seriously? Seriously??

You saw that and thought, "Look at all the hatred he is spewing"...????

To even begin to compare Olbermann to Bill O'Reilly is ridiculous. He did not personally attack Clinton. He aptly went through the offenses of certain people in her campaign, some of the offenses being very vile and actually hateful, and asked her why she was putting up with it. Some of these actions by her advisors, Ferraro in particular, are making Clinton look awful...and she is more or less tolerating it.

As I've said, I started out as an impassioned Clinton supporter. And I still like her. But I fear I may soon come to like her no more, especially if she stays on this current path.

I still cannot forgive her for the 3 AM ad. It was fearmongoring, plain and simple. And it was stooping the lowest tactics of the GOP. And, as a Democrat and possible supporter of Clinton, it disgusted me. I expect better of the Democrats, even though they obviously are not perfect. But fearmongoring, something that I have gotten enough of during the Bush administration and presidential campaigns, is something I am sick of seeing. We deserve better.

And her reaction to these Ferraro comments made me very sad.

As Olbermann stated, she is facing a very unfair amount of sexism in this campaign. And because of this, she should not tolerate any sort of racism from her campaign staffer.

And I am not saying at all that the Obama campaign has been perfect. They have done things that make my stomach turn, also. But nothing with the same force as the 3 AM ad and Ferraro's comment.

The Hillary is a monster thing came close, but Obama handled the situation far better than Clinton is handling the Ferraro situation.

I did not see any hate in Olbermann's comments. I saw a plea for her to understand what these tactics and (non)responses are doing to her campaign, the Democratic party, the American people and her as an individual. And for all our sakes, she needs to understand that things in her campaign need to stop. Because she is better than that.

jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
All I did was type "Yawn"--honestly: mostly for comic timing--and some of you attach and assume meanings behind it. You think you know exactly how I feel about it all. You have it all figured out. I didn't even say what I was yawning at. I haven't even stated my opinions on this issue.

So, let's drop the self righteousness. You should be pleased that Obama is that much closer to the nomination thanks to Ferraro's comment and Hillary's not taking a bigger approach to rejecting that comment.
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"You should be pleased that Obama is that much closer to the nomination thanks to Ferraro's comment and Hillary's not taking a bigger approach to rejecting that comment."

No, because I'm not so sure that I want Obama over Clinton. But she sure is making my choice easier with each passing day. I think she is a very strong, compassionate, intelligent woman. But you sure wouldn't be able to tell by the conduct of her campaign these past weeks.

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ahh, the joys of written communication and the misunderstandings it can cause...
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At this point, who knows? It's all become a muddy mess and there's so much bs and drama and spin from both campaigns, from all the pundits and from all of the supporters of either.

I believe that both candidates are brilliant with their own strengths and flaws and I can not wait for this to all be over with.