Page: 1

Song suggestions?

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photojeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Song suggestions?#1
Posted: 3/5/08 at 3:27am
I just started taking a group vocal class, and I'm having a hard time choosing a song. I have a very small range (total beginner) and haven't developed my "head voice" yet- "All That Jazz" from Chicago had to be tranposed for me in a lower key, just as an example. Any suggestions for songs that I can choose? Doesn't have to be show tunes- any suggestions would be great. Thanks...
Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Song suggestions?#2
Posted: 3/5/08 at 9:29am
All That Jazz is way too hard for a beginner. Do you know your vocal range (i.e. what notes you can easily sing?)

You might want to try some of the songs from "Wonderful Town". They were written for Roz Russell who wasn't a singer. Some of the songs in the show are:

One Hundred Easy Ways
Ohio
Conga
Wrong Note Rag
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photojeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Song suggestions?#2
Posted: 3/6/08 at 4:19am
Thanks...I'm listening to these songs now. Sorry, but I don't know my range.
Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis