Page: 1

Clips of Linda Eder's new album

CMoore Profile PhotoCMoore Profile Photo
CMoore
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Clips of Linda Eder's new album#1
Posted: 2/27/08 at 1:53pm
On two websites, easier to access on the first...

ederfan.com
lindaeder.com(details about the album)
JailyardGuy Profile PhotoJailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#2
Posted: 2/27/08 at 1:58pm
God, she makes my tootie flutter.
Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#2
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:01pm
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
JailyardGuy Profile PhotoJailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#3
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:04pm
oh my god, you just made me snort like a barnyard animal in the middle of my office.
Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#4
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:07pm
Is this the greatest hits album?
....but the world goes 'round
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#5
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:13pm
Her voice is gorgeous, but she leaves me cold.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#6
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:18pm
I dont even think her voice is gorgeous.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

CMoore Profile PhotoCMoore Profile Photo
CMoore
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#7
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:22pm
It's not the greatest hits album, it's a cd of new music.
nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#8
Posted: 2/27/08 at 5:41pm
Linda is an amazing talent. Her voice is, clearly a gift.

There are only a handful of singers that you have to see live.....Streisand, Elaine Paige, Linda, and a few others. The cd just can't capture THE VOICE!

Can't wait to get the new cd.
Peter
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Clips of Linda Eder's new album#9
Posted: 2/28/08 at 2:39am
Vocally, there's noone that comes close to her beauty and purity IMO. Here's a couple reviews of her concert last weekend in Chicago at the Rosemont:

"The audience, which accorded Eder several standing ovations, heard the foremost singer working today in the tradition of Judy Garland and Barbra Streisand. That the orchestra sounded better when accompanying Eder than in its own repertoire said a great deal about the soloist's stat- ure..."

"Nowhere did singer and accompanists achieve a more dynamic effect than in "Don't Rain on My Parade," a Streisand signature piece that Eder long ago claimed as her own. But to hear her unleashing the full sonic majesty of her instrument -- with its thrilling high notes and voluptuous low ones -- while the orchestra released surging rhythms behind her, was to understand why Eder savors such occasions. Perhaps only a symphonic ensemble can produce enough sound to counterbalance hers.

Not that everything Eder sang reached peak decibel levels. The serene understatement she brought to Charlie Chaplin's heart-breaking "Smile," the tenderness she expressed in a dreamy "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and the delicacy of her version of "The Boy Next Door" attested to the deepening maturity of her work."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/chi-ovn_0226ederfeb26,1,2000802.story

Sun Times Review