Remove JewWatch.com from the Google Search Engine!

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Help Remove JewWatch from Google !!
When you Google the word 'Jew', one of the first websites that pops up is http://www.jewwatch.com/ -- an anti-semitic, hate-filled harangue
masquerating as 'scholarly, factual, informational '. Add your name to
the petition to remove www.jewwatch.com from Google's search engine.

(Check out the site and you will understand why).

In order for Google to remove this, they would need a petition
of over 500,000 requests.... so let's make it 1,000,000 !!!

P.S. Current total signatures approx. 244,000

petition
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 05:09 PM
Patronus Profile PhotoPatronus Profile Photo
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think they met the required amount of signatures. But go ahead and sign.
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 05:21 PM
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I signed, and at this point there were way over 500,000! yay!
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Great Jane. re: Remove JewWatch.com from the Google Search Engine!
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But, where else would I get my anti-Semitic rants from?
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You can still access it from your bookmarks, TD. re: Remove JewWatch.com from the Google Search Engine!

Just a question - while I absolutely disagree with the sentiment of that website, do you think this a form of censorship?

Personally, I like absurd things like this to stick around so people are exposed for the hate filled idiots that they are. It's the quiet back room bigotry that scares me the most.

Updated On: 2/17/08 at 05:31 PM
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you do a Google search for "jew" now, the offending page is still listed. The first thing listed is a link to "Offensive Search Results". When you click on it, you get Google's response to this issue, and possibly to their receipt of the petition(?)

Offensive Search Results
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 05:34 PM
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
518662 Signatures Total!
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I like absurd things like this to stick around so people are exposed for the hate filled idiots that they are."

The problem is that there are too many people who don't see them as idiots. I'd bet there are milions of people who don't see them as idiots, and agree with them.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I'd bet there are milions of people who don't see them as idiots, and agree with them."

But then you get censorship. That’s where the line is crossed.

I agree that it’s a completely offensive web site, and I really would loathe anyone who would use it, but with freedom of speech comes these types of people.

*Edit* Claymates are included in 'These Types Of People'...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 05:40 PM
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Exactly...strongly disagreeing with something as repulsive as these views doesn't make it any less of a case of censorship.

There are tons of idiots in this world with varying levels of stupidity, hate and misinformation out there. Still, I'm not willing to support something being censored (again regardless of how vile and heinous it is) in order to protect the lowest intelligence level out there.

It's a slippery slope and a controversial topic to be sure...but I bet there are millions of people out there who would love to have pro-gay websites removed from google because they feel that homosexuality is just a vile as we feel about this antisemitism. Is their opinion any less valid?

Updated On: 2/17/08 at 05:46 PM
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"But then you get censorship"

That's true, but I signed it anyway, it's a sore spot with me. I guess google is the only one who could actually censor them, and they aren't going to do it. So-no censoring will occur!
Taka Profile PhotoTaka Profile Photo
Taka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Just signed it. Hopefully Google will take notice.
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I did get double coupons today at Key Food and finally got to cash in 8 empty plastic bottles Pretty exciting on a Sunday afternoon.
Keinahora, I'll sign I don't need any anti-semitic fu**ers watching out for me.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire [François Marie Arouet] [1694–1778], French philosopher, author.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 06:22 PM
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I find myself questioning whether I'd defend them to the death. no.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's really not about THEM as much as it's about freedom of speech. And as such, people who disagree with THEM also have the freedom of speech to let that be known.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 06:34 PM
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know. It's a tough call because these haters are attracting more and more followers every day. The amount of people who hate Jews in the world is staggering and it gets worse all the time. They would like to see all Jews exterminated.

I think this is different from freedom of speech in that it's not like arguing about politics or religion, it's dangerous.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Freedom of speech is being able to say whatever you want without reprocussion.

It sucks, but that's the fact.

Whenever someone says something offensive to me, I always think, "Wow, do you feel better for telling me that? I couldn't care less"
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 06:46 PM
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know, Diva. It does suck sometimes.
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't think so Diva. There is a limit. Today hatred of religions, sexes, races is expressed with guns and bombs. Fomenting hatred in this day in age is tantamount to falsely crying out "Fire" in a crowded room. It does nothing but cause injury and death. The first amendment doesn't allow this and it shouldn't allow the former.
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The first amendment doesn't allow this and it shouldn't allow the former."

It SHOULDN'T but it still does...
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The First Amendment.
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 07:12 PM
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Just a question - while I absolutely disagree with the sentiment of that website, do you think this a form of censorship?"

As vile as the site is, yes. Free speech is a two way street, my friends.