young, loud and snotty

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
young, loud and snotty#1
Posted: 2/15/08 at 6:53pm
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
postergirl
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: young, loud and snotty#2
Posted: 2/15/08 at 7:06pm
WOW!!! I loved it - haven't heard it in a million years and never seen a live performance. Thank you papa!
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#2
Posted: 2/15/08 at 7:11pm
gotta support my boy from y-town.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#3
Posted: 2/15/08 at 7:22pm
If I'm being honest, it was a bit pitchy and rather karaoke, like something you would hear at any frat party or on a cruise ship. Sorry, its a "no" from me...Paula?
PEACE.
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#4
Posted: 2/15/08 at 7:27pm
Cool. Never saw them but did see P.I.L., Iggy Pop and The Plasmatics.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#5
Posted: 2/15/08 at 7:32pm
You are a really sweet kid and you have a good career ahead, but sweetie, you are just not right for this competition so I am going to have to pass, too. But you are adorable and I look so cute...Randy?
PEACE.
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#6
Posted: 2/15/08 at 7:33pm
No dawg, I just wasn't feeling it. Come back next year. Work on your voice and take a bath. Sorry Dawg, its a no from me.
PEACE.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#7
Posted: 2/15/08 at 7:37pm
That made me think of this, for some reason...
I Don't Like Mondays
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#8
Posted: 2/15/08 at 8:51pm
I saw them a few times and they were never less than thrilling. I loved the Dead Boys and I loved Stiv Bators. Back when the drinking age was 18 there was a club not all that far from where I lived that I occasionally managed to get into before I even had a driver's license. Like when I was 15. Thanks to that I saw all sorts of great bands inlcuding The Ramones before Tommy left and the great Dead Boys.

In an era when most people were still listening to bloated self-indulgent rock, the Dead Boys really stripped it down to the adrenalin. Plus, Stiv was probably one of the best front men I've ever seen, and I've seen lots of em, from Joe Strummer, to Mick Jagger, to Bono, and on an on.

We would often go to that club early to see if we could get in and to get as close to the stage as possible. At the second Dead Boys show I saw, Cheetah Chrome asked us if we wanted to watch the sound check, which, of COURSE we did, because we were just three kids hanging around an empty club. Cheetah asked Stiv if it was okay and he said, "Yeah, as long as they pay the cover, eventually." AND he shared his beer! So, yeah, it was sublime. And funny as hell. The show was like an insane toboggan running down hill and once it started there was no letting up til the encores.

He was also perfect as Bobo in John Waters's Polyester.

I was so sad when he died.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Updated On: 2/15/08 at 08:51 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#9
Posted: 2/16/08 at 1:31pm
i gotta admit this was kind of a set-up to get namo to tell a dead boys story. thanks, n.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: young, loud and snotty#10
Posted: 2/17/08 at 11:17am
Okay, and then after the sound check but before they opened the doors for the smallish crowd go come in, Stiv was talking with us. The thing to do at the time to be a punk rocker was to do your own zine (which I did, of course) and to lament how the scene and music you loved never had a chance because FM radio was in the grips of programmers who would not stop playing Grammy faves like Steely Dan. So there we were, complaining with Stiv, and he mentioned very proudly that Alice Cooper had told him he had one of the three best voices in rock. The other two? Alice himself and Iggy Pop.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile