Page: 1

Seth MacFarlane and Alex Borstein at Carnegie Hall

nygrl23 Profile Photonygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
A great evening, with Patty LuPone and Janeane Garofalo making brief appearances. Seth's mom went onstage at one point at told Carnegie Hall to suck her d__k. So THAT'S where Seth gets it. Anyway, a nice time, but I'm mondo disappointed that Seth didn't stage door. He ran right to his limo. Yeah, I know...but, weh. I wanted to meet that mofo.

Hopefully he'll do more live shows here--his cabaret act with Alex Borstein is hysterical.
harris007 Profile Photoharris007 Profile Photo
harris007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
damn i would have loved this , love family guy
Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)
fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was a fun evening:

1. I am surprised Patti just sang the one song
2. they did not mention "Gypsy"
3. Garofalo opened the show for about 20 minutes; 18 of them were painfully unfunny
4. they sang songs, 1 each from A to Z.

High point: a "J" medley of "Jessie's Girl" and "June Is Busting Out All Over."

Low point: AIDS jokes. I love to laugh but. . .

And Seth is straight.

For now.

Seth and Megan Mullaly should star in "Golden Rainbow" done at Encores.
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
nygrl23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
They did go a little far a few times imho (the mock bj, Seth's mom, Patti Lupone being referred to as vag #602, not to mention Seth's evident need for booze to calm his nerves--the boy worries me), just like the show, so WYSIWYG if you're a Family Guy fan. I think they're both super talented, though. Interesting to note that Seth's parents look like Lois and Peter.
fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't think he was really drinking. He has a fine voice and I don't think whiskey would enable him to sing as well as he did.

I also think the show should have shown clips from FG, maybe even the opening prod number of the show.

Also surprising that no DVDs of the show were on sale. . .
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
nygrl23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I wondered about that. How can anyone sing and drink for two hours? I entertained the thought that the whiskey wasn't real and just put there to look like he was rat-packing his way through the set. He stumbled a little off his stool (his sitting through the whole act might have been another sign of nerves), and looking pretty flushed by the time they reached the letter M. Maybe it's all an act, maybe it's not at all.
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Vagina #602 song is hilarious. It's on the Family Guy album. That LuPone went along with it is just brilliant.
HorseTears Profile PhotoHorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tell us more, people, tell us more. Sounds like a great evening.