what are some of the cool features?
CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#2
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:30pm
internet...

Go to the Apple online store and read the features for yourself!
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#2
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:45pm
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
bschneid76 Profile Photobschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#3
Posted: 1/31/08 at 11:03pm
I wanna get one!!! I'll have to wait till later though.
"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski
Chloe8585
Understudy
Understudy
re: ipod touch#4
Posted: 2/1/08 at 3:39pm
I want one too..does it have any of the glitches that the i phone had? i guess its been out for a while now so they probably have everything figured out..

its essentially just an i phone without the phone feature, right?
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#5
Posted: 2/1/08 at 3:41pm
"its essentially just an i phone without the phone feature, right?"

And without a camera.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#6
Posted: 2/1/08 at 3:44pm
My darling gave me one for Christmas, and I love it, but it has so little memory. I keep my creative close at hand for variety.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Chloe8585
Understudy
Understudy
re: ipod touch#7
Posted: 2/1/08 at 3:45pm
thanks pab! i thought it had a camera..
Pippin Profile PhotoPippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#8
Posted: 2/1/08 at 3:49pm
I would wait for awhile, until they add more Gigs to the touch. I think the most you can get is 16. IMO, it's kind of overkill pricewise for only 16 gigs, but I love to store a lot of music on my classic.
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#9
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:26am
The iPod Touch is now available with 32G.

re: ipod touch
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#10
Posted: 10/18/08 at 6:35pm
Hi guys!

I am thinking about buying one of the recently released iPod Touch devices. I am looking to buy the 8 GB one. I really want an iPhone, but it is out of the question. Anyways, does anyone have an iPod Touch and how do you like it? I currently have an iPod classic that holds a lot of music. I want this primarily for the other features, but plan on holding some of my music on it and changing it from time to time.

Thanks!
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
i*heart*fame
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: ipod touch#11
Posted: 10/18/08 at 7:18pm
I won a iPod touch, and I really like it. However, in addition to not having a phone, you can only connect to the internet if there is a wireless connection. So, it you can't check you email wherever you are. I usually can only use it to check my email during class or something.
"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards
verynewyorkcurious Profile Photoverynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#12
Posted: 10/18/08 at 7:32pm
I like the iPod feature on the iPod Touch / iPhone very much. I always switch up my music, so capacity is never a problem for me. Bottom line, the capacity is not much compared to the iPod Classic, but the iPod feature is great.
killertofu333
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#13
Posted: 10/18/08 at 7:35pm
I never go anywhere without my Ipod Touch. The interface is simple and functional and has everything I need. I bought the 32gb because I wanted the option of adding tons of music, videos and applications with installer/cydia.
If you do choose to buy one and want more applications, just search how to jailbreak a 2.1 firmware ipod with Quickpwn, or just ask me. Hope this helps.
"I have the prettiest mother..."--Rhoda Penmark~~~ The Bad Seed
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#14
Posted: 10/18/08 at 7:41pm
Hey...yeah, I realize that you can't connect to wireless anywhere, but most of the places I am on campus have wireless, so it'll be really helpful to not have to carry my computer around all the time.

Although...I am trying to save up to go to Hawaii...grrr!
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
James885 Profile PhotoJames885 Profile Photo
James885
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#15
Posted: 10/18/08 at 7:42pm
I got an 8gb ipod touch about two months ago and I am absolutely in love with it. In addition to the internet browser and e-mail capabilities, it also stores photos and serves as a PDA. You can also browse the itunes/App store and download media and applications directly to the ipod. It also allows you to shuffle individual playlists and albums. The battery life is also pretty decent although it goes down a little faster when you're using the internet a lot. However you can save battery power by turning off the Wi-Fi device when you're not using it. You can also turn off the touch screen, which locks the ipod, but still allows your music to play. It's very useful when you're listening to music but you don't want your ipod brushing up against something and maybe accidentally hitting the pause or forward buttons.
"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
Updated On: 10/18/08 at 07:42 PM
dalefully Profile Photodalefully Profile Photo
dalefully
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: ipod touch#16
Posted: 10/19/08 at 12:26am
I recently got a 32GB iPod touch and I absolutely love it. There are tons of really great apps you can add on, a lot of which are free. Videos look great and the motion detector and album scrolling are really awesome. The only problems I've really been having is that the stainless steel on the back scratches pretty easily (I would recommend getting a cover) and even with a good WiFi connection, the internet tends to be pretty slow. But besides that, I would say it's definitely worth it.
Marianne2 Profile PhotoMarianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#17
Posted: 10/19/08 at 2:36am
So, I have a question about these. I think they are pretty cool too. But, how do they charge you for using the internet feature? Or do they not charge you, if you never use it? That's my biggest concern. I love music and the video features, but I don't want to be paying an arm and a leg for internet.
"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates
LePetiteFromage
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/19/08 at 2:43am
Updated On: 1/27/09 at 02:43 AM
Marianne2 Profile PhotoMarianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#19
Posted: 10/19/08 at 7:54am
Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I do have wireless at home, so that would be a plus to getting one.

I was also just asking because I know using those features on your cell phone is ridiculous sometimes, so I did not know if it worked the same way as that.
"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates
Updated On: 10/19/08 at 07:54 AM
KathyGriffinLovesYou Profile PhotoKathyGriffinLovesYou Profile Photo
KathyGriffinLovesYou
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: ipod touch#20
Posted: 10/19/08 at 12:11pm
I'm dying for the new nano. I have the original Nano and I need more space and something that isn't all scratched up!
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#21
Posted: 10/19/08 at 1:06pm
I must be in the minority but I recently got the iPod touch and I'm just not a fan. My battery doesn't last long, the wireless barely works, and I hate that I have to actually go to the Music section if I want to skip a song or anything. With the regular iPod I can just reach down my pocket, press the button, and that's it; with this one I have to actually pull it out, turn it on, unlock it, go from the homepage to the music screen, find the "now playing" section and then skip the song or whatever. It's nice in that it has a bunch of applications, but as a music player I don't think it's as efficient as the regular iPods.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
verynewyorkcurious Profile Photoverynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#22
Posted: 10/19/08 at 1:13pm
ray-andallthatjazz86, try pushing the home button twice without unlocking the iPod. I'm not sure if it works for the iPod Touch, but that's how it works for the iPhone. Back / Play / Skip buttons should appear as well as the volume bar.
Updated On: 10/19/08 at 01:13 PM
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ipod touch#23
Posted: 10/19/08 at 5:24pm
I am posting from my iPod Touch now, and I love it! I only got the 8 GB because I am not planning on putting too much music on it...but I love the other features!