Page: 1

Science Fair Projects - hate 'em!

broadwaytourist
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Science Fair Projects - hate 'em!#1
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:33pm
I am mother of 11 year old 5th grader (one year behind - had a hard time with kindergarten - another story), and it is science fair project time. I can't tell you how much I hate science projects. And I can't tell my son because he would then think that school work is rubbish. (more than he does already!) My son is one of those that need significant shepherding to do any project. I refuse to do the porject for him, and he makes any excuse not to work on it. As I write this, he's trying to catch up with his journal. Every few minutes I have to tell him to write. He's just sitting there thinking! Did I say I hate science projects?!!!!! He's an A and B student, but his work habits suck!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!
fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Science Fair Projects - hate 'em!#2
Posted: 1/13/08 at 10:55pm
It is not easy.

My company publishes many science experiments and projects and I hire writers to write and test them for safety and accuracy.

Does his father help?
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
KelRel Profile PhotoKelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Science Fair Projects - hate 'em!#2
Posted: 1/13/08 at 11:01pm
If it makes you feel any better I'm a 4th grade teacher and I HATE science fair projects, too. No one likes them, but yet they continue to happen. Its part of school life, you just deal with it.
"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.
broadwaytourist
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Science Fair Projects - hate 'em!#3
Posted: 1/14/08 at 7:41am
His dad did help build the "earthquake" machine. That was tons of help, but Dad does not have the patience for actually doing experiments and documenting results. (Dad will do 100% of Pinewood Derby Stuff which is also coming up). Anyway - we got started last night, and tonight, we'll try to get the rest of the experiements done. He's testing building designs against earthquakes. So far he has tested a model of the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. It's an interesting project at least.

Again, thanks for the venting!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Science Fair Projects - hate 'em!#4
Posted: 1/14/08 at 11:56am
Does dad have a hairy chest?
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile