Page: 1

Rimers of Eldritch DVD (not about bootlegs)

nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
(I posted this over on the main board, but no takers.)

Amazon is selling a filmed 1974 DVD, starring Susan Sarandon and Rue McClanahan. I saw the play in high school and enjoyed it, but is this DVD worth it?

It looks like it was filmed for the first season of Great Performances.

The Amazon reviews says it was filmed on location, instead of a on stage. Does anyone know why?

I guess what I'm asking is, is the $25 worth it?
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't know much about the quality of that particular DVD. I do know that it's a brilliant play, having directed two different productions of it and having seen another one.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Susan Sarandon and Rue McClanahan"

Worth it!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks you guys.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere