Racist who don't know they are (or do they?)

pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The link below is of Robert Novak saying, "Obama’s A ‘Strong’ Candidate Because He’s ‘Clean’ And ‘Not A Stereotype African-American’".

Like a few people who post on this board and call Obama Osama or who continue to bring his supposed attending of a Madrassa (which has been proven to be wrong on a number of occasions by various media outlets) I believe in a lot of cases they think they are being cute or funny and have no idea how racist their comments are.
Novak on Obama
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They actually used the word 'articulate'?

(rolls eyes)
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe he ate at Sylvia's with Bill O'Reilly! Remember this?

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709210007
misschung Profile Photomisschung Profile Photo
misschung
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
all God's children love hominy, hominy...
The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Teddy Kennedy Must Be A Racist#4
Posted: 1/6/08 at 3:40pm
the phrase Osama/Obama was coined by Uncle Teddy Kennedy.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Teddy Kennedy Must Be A Racist#5
Posted: 1/6/08 at 3:43pm
And that makes it okay?
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Teddy Kennedy Must Be A Racist#6
Posted: 1/6/08 at 5:34pm
Like I wrote before, folks have become weary of the political dynasties comprised of establishment partisans like those with the surname Kennedy, Bush, Dole and Clinton. There's a reason MD's former Lt. Gov Kathleen Kennedy Townsend lost her bid for the MD governor's office a few years back despite her good record by Dem standards.

This is one Democrat who welcomes the populist movement ushered in by Obama and Huckabee mainly because the electorate is rejecting the mandates of the ruling class from both sides often delivered by their mouthpieces, i.e. network & cable news outlets and talkradio. This is grassroots politics on display. If Obama eeks out a victory in NH and McCain cleans Romney's clock with Huck coming in a respectable 3rd place the revolution will officially be underway.

The electorate is not beholden to the status quo or past practice. The biographer of a certain candidate on the Dem side pointed out that the 35 years of experience that she keeps tossing about were spent mainly working as a highly paid corporate attorney, stay-at-home wife, unsuccessful health care reform czarina during her husband's presidency and senator whose voting record is not very progressive upon close inspection.

The nerve of upstarts Obama & Huckabee to take on the party oligarchs.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 1/6/08 at 05:34 PM
AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Teddy Kennedy Must Be A Racist#7
Posted: 1/6/08 at 5:52pm
It's true, people often think that the racist things they are saying are funny. When is it ever really funny though? Poltically speaking or not.
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#8
Posted: 1/6/08 at 6:04pm
i will continue to say whatever i want, whenever i want, however i want for as long as i want. i'm merely pointing out the fact of how barrack (don't call me saddam) hussein obama (not to be confused with osama) will be attacked. if you think the swift boaters were vile, heinous liars who perverted the politcal process, i'd suggest you stock up on valium and tums, friend-o, because al qaeda's candidate is in for a smearing of epic proportion that goes lower and dirtier than any political campaign in history. or at least that's how it will be told to those who have no sense of history.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 1/6/08 at 06:04 PM
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#9
Posted: 1/6/08 at 6:39pm
javero,

Didn’t you post that you were not going to post in any more political threads?

I guess no one really means what they say any more.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#10
Posted: 1/6/08 at 6:56pm
Theatrediva -- u r somewhat correct in that I wrote that I would avoid the political threads until after the NH primaries.

I simply couldn't resist the temptation when a Clinton biographer on Fox News this morning made some very startling revelations about the exaggerated claims of her 35-year tenure as an agent of "change". I was slow to warm to Obama but once I got one whiff of Clinton's sense of "entitlement" I was forced to shift my alliances. There's simply too many sour grapes being hurled by the Clinton machine which don't paint her in the most flattering light.

Neither she nor Obama has served a single day as President to date, not even by the process of marital osmosis, so I'm not convinced that her being a charter member of the Dem Power Club merits the party nomination by default.

Updated On: 1/6/08 at 06:56 PM
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#11
Posted: 1/6/08 at 7:01pm
My other-in-law is a racist, but doesn't realize it. Everyone else in the family points out her racist remarks, but she is in denial.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#12
Posted: 1/6/08 at 7:11pm
Theatrediva, if Javero had actually commented on the topic of the thread I would understand but his rant had nothing to with the topic being discussed. Therefore, it stands to reason that one only need start a thread that has ANYTHING to do with politics and given a short amount of time he will be there.
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#13
Posted: 1/6/08 at 7:33pm
PAB,

HD gave me the perfect segue by pointing out that my party's icon Ted Kennedy coined "Osama/Obama". In some ways, Obama's candidacy puts my party on trial. Since you and others are obviously tired of my political commentary which you label as "ranting" I'll power down this pc for the rest of the day. But know this...if the Clintonphiles resume the boo hoo politics after the NH primaries I'm going into overdrive.

I'm still shaking my head at the need of so many so-called progressives to squelch free speech.
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#14
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:57pm
I'm a bit confused. Maybe I missed something but it seems like every time Javero expresses a pro-Obama sentiment (while being reasonably critical of Hillary) this person gets attacked. Is there any particular reason for this?

By the time the primaries are over and we get to the real race, I believe people will be well informed on Obama. Of course there will be a contingency of ignorant people out there who are easily swayed by buzz words and phrases like "Osama-Obama" but, judging from his much publicized popularity with independents and republicans, many others are thinking critically for themselves.

Anybody read Mitt Romney's statement the other day about Obama being nice and articulate?

"Therefore, it stands to reason that one only need start a thread that has ANYTHING to do with politics and given a short amount of time he will be there. "

I believe the same can be said of you, Pab, or Jkv, or papalovesmambo, or a number of other posters...
yr ronin,
joey
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#15
Posted: 1/6/08 at 10:02pm
i like to think of myself as shoeless joe in the sense that if you post it, i will come. wow in retrospect i really ought to re-consider that sentence. eh, too late.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#16
Posted: 1/6/08 at 10:50pm
It will be extremely difficult to launch a Swift-Boat-style attack on Obama without his attackers looking racist. It's nice to know, however, that Republicans seem so confident that racism (overt or covert) will carry this election for them. How inspiring.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#17
Posted: 1/6/08 at 10:56pm
It would only take the Republican candidate some intelligence to attack the opposing candidate on their record and not on race. Oh, wait, I'm sorry. I used Republican and intelligence in the same sentence. My bad. Never mind.
Izzie2 Profile PhotoIzzie2 Profile Photo
Izzie2
Understudy
Understudy
racism is in the eye of the beholder#18
Posted: 1/7/08 at 12:34am
.....why do I even bother coming into these threads?

| republican theatre
| lovers who don't
| hate homosexuality
| so I can bash
| democrats and not
| be an army of one
| against BWW.
|____________________
Although we have are pride, we have been known to cast for food. BERNARD TELSEY CASTING, C.S.A.
"One more outburst from you sir and I bludgeon you to death with this microphone" The Wedding Singer
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#19
Posted: 1/7/08 at 3:59am
"if you think the swift boaters were vile, heinous liars who perverted the politcal process, i'd suggest you stock up on valium and tums, friend-o, because al qaeda's candidate is in for a smearing of epic proportion that goes lower and dirtier than any political campaign in history."

That is so sad but true. I mean, it's already started. My friend was telling me about two people he overheard at work the other day talking about the election.

One of them stated that she liked Obama. But the other person quickly pointed out that she had heard:

1) Obama went to the same school as members of al'Qaeda
2) Obama was sworn in on the Koran, not the Bible
3) Obama is distantly related to Saddam Hussein, hence his middle name
4) Obama refuses to put his hand on his heart for the Pledge of Allegiance

So it looks like the smear campaign is already underway. And it's disgusting. And proves that some people are morons and will believe anything.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#20
Posted: 1/7/08 at 7:09am
it won't be the candidate who's doing the attacking. it'll be a 527 or a pac not even remotely connected to the candidate. i realize that some people here would rather deal with politics as they'd like them to be in that never-never-land of peace and happiness where people of all nations get along and only the greedy capitalists and war-mongering conservatives are imprisoned where they cannot harm your beautiful utopian paradise. i'll continue to address politics as they actually are, thanks.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#21
Posted: 1/7/08 at 12:25pm
"I'm still shaking my head at the need of so many so-called progressives to squelch free speech."

I wasn't squelching anything. I just asked a question.

"Anybody read Mitt Romney's statement the other day about Obama being nice and articulate? "

Uh... yea. My first post on this thread says just that. But I guess you missed it. It was the second post on the thread, and I know how some people like to jump in without reading the thread first.

Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#22
Posted: 1/7/08 at 1:58pm
Um, you mentioned nothing about Mitt Romney.
yr ronin,
joey
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#23
Posted: 1/7/08 at 2:02pm
Whoops.

Same thing though.

Who uses the word articulate whe describing an A/A?
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
racism is in the eye of the beholder#24
Posted: 1/8/08 at 2:19am
A racist :P
yr ronin,
joey