Page: 1

Favorite INSIDE THE ACTOR'S STUDIO Interviews

CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What are some of your favorite INSIDE THE ACTOR interviews?

Here's a list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_the_Actors_Studio

My favorite is Robin Williams. No specific moments - the entire thing!
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
thetinymagic2 Profile Photothetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Drew Barrymore. WTF? I could not stop laughing. inside!
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually thought Liza did a great job! She gave really good advice to the students and the musical numbers she performed were wonderful!
Broadway Bound2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Dave Chapelle was pretty funny.
jacobtsf Profile Photojacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How can this even be a question? Robin Williams, hands down. The fact that we only get to see a small portion of what was taped (because he just kept going on and on) instead of the usual episodes which are stuffed with clips to make it seem like an hour is a big part of my choice, but not the only reason. It is just perfect, and shows how amazing one person can be.
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
ShbrtAlley44 Profile PhotoShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's funny because I actually couldn't stand Robin Williams' interview. It proved to me that the man cannot be serious for more than two minutes and answer a question without hamming it up so people will worship at his feet. I just wanted to scream "SHUT UP!" at the screen half the time.

One of my favorites was probably Kate Winslet. She is charming, talented, and funny - the Harvey Keitel story, anyone? I was also at the taping for Michael J. Fox's interview, which was really a treat.
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The original session with Alec Baldwin is great. Gene Wilder's is incredibly informative and thoughtful. Tom Hanks first episode was equally thoughtful and also very funny -- I loved him gushing about 'Turner and Hooch.'

I also found Robin Williams' show tiring and fairly devoid of much real information. It was a longer version of his usual trip to Jay Leno's side.
Updated On: 12/23/07 at 11:15 PM
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hugh Jackman's interview -- loved the high kick part. I laughed at how fast the two girls got themselves up on that stage. Also, I liked Russell Crowe's. I found it so interesting that Crowe barely looked at Lipton during the entire interview -- giving the impression that he had been really reluctant to do it -- and then, when he was interacting with the students, he gave them his all.

Oh, and Stephen Speilberg's interview was fascinating to listen to.
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I also enjoyed Crowe -- he really brought out some interesting ways of looking at some of the actor vs. director debates.
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've never been a fan of Kevin Spacey's but his impromptu acting bit with the student in the audience was marvelous. That one small bit has stayed in my mind longer than any other bit on that show.

I also really enjoyed Anthony Hopkins talking about his background and how he feels it has influenced his attitude about acting on the stage.
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How 'bout when that guy asked Jennifer Lopez to Salsa with him and then she did. Mamie- I love it when the featured guests interact with the students. My favorite part of the show is when the students ask the questions. They are so dramatic and emotional. Sometimes, I think they ask the stupidest questions just so they can get on TV or get some sort of attention. "Hi, my name is _______, I'm a third year actor. (long pause) When you were playing (insert part), how were you able to separate your character from who you really are? It cracks me up! I also love when James says "Here are your students" mom
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, this one, by a long shot:

http://www.jibjab.com/view/172375
misschung Profile Photomisschung Profile Photo
misschung
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams, Kate Winslet, Russell Crowe
The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
ShbrtAlley44 Profile PhotoShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, and Kevin Spacey's Al Pacino impression. "Ohhh, FUNNY."
Perfectly Marvelous Profile PhotoPerfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Speaking of Al, his is my favorite interview.

I also enjoyed; Alec Baldwin, Liza Minnelli, Bette Midler, Dave Chapelle and Johnny Depp.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

BwayLover Profile PhotoBwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm a little biased because I was actually at the taping of it...But Barbra Streisand's interview was incredible. The parts that they ended up showing out of the 4 1/2 hour interview were, of course, the most boring ones, unfortunately - but she was absolutely fascinating. Open about her craft and her life, sweet and endearing. Loved it.
"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved the Streisand interview. I thought she seemed more relaxed, less self-aware, and definitely more candid than she had in years.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
DMsquared2 Profile PhotoDMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought the one with the entire voice cast of "The Simpsons" was very entertaining.
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One that stands out for me is the Bernadette Peters interview when she sang.
Just give the world Love.
mc1227 Profile Photomc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved the cast of Will and Grace and also the Cast of the Producers. I would have loved to see the unedited version.
The only review of a show that matters is your own.
Rosalind Profile PhotoRosalind Profile Photo
Rosalind
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Simpsons!
"Just remembering you've had an 'and' when you're back to 'or' Makes the or mean more, than it did before..."
SNLMedia Profile PhotoSNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mike Myers was incredibly entertaining.
"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Meryl Streep and Kate Winslet both stick out for me.
The Liza Minnelli one was pretty fantastic as well.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
none of them. such a kiss ass show. i was there for the barbra one and it was 5 hours and painful. she has no idea how flaky and aloof she seems.
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?