Page: 1

The Nutcracker

sesot Profile Photosesot Profile Photo
sesot
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Nutcracker#1
Posted: 12/20/07 at 10:07pm
Usually this time of year several versions of the Nutcracker come on tv. So far the only version in GA is the 70's version with Baryshnikov. Does anyone have a favorite version they must see every year?
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nutcracker#2
Posted: 12/20/07 at 10:08pm
I love the one with Culkin. It's gorgeous.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
AKDPerformer Profile PhotoAKDPerformer Profile Photo
AKDPerformer
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: The Nutcracker#2
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:25am
God, I adore the one with Baryshnikov and Gelsey Kirkland. I still own it on videotape and vividly remember watching it and being fascinated by it as a child.
"We need people not to come to Broadway shows wearing shorts and flip-flops. We are working hard up here folks. Find a pair of socks."-Joanna Gleason "I hear L. Ron Hubbard is gonna blow the ladies...and all that jazz! C'mon babe! We're gonna unicorn hug, I bought some NyQuil down....at Wal-Mart?!"-Bebe Neuwirth singing ATJ to Musical Mad Libs at DQYNJ :)
orangeskittles Profile Photoorangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nutcracker#3
Posted: 12/21/07 at 11:59am
Ovation TV has a vote going where you can pick your favorite version and they'll air it on Christmas Eve. The choices are the Bolshi Ballet (which I'd never seen before), the Baryshnikov version and the Balanchine version with Macaulay Culkin.

Thankfully, the Barbie version was not among the choices. re: The Nutcracker
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nutcracker#4
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:27pm
Hasn't Ovation also been showing the Mark Morris take-off (HARD NUT) as well as Matthew Bourne's? I love Morris'.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."