Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?

Cruel_Sandwich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#1
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:47pm
And recount instances of them being cheap.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#2
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:47pm
People who won't pay for therapy.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#2
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:48pm
If it's somebody I know why in the world would I call them out on a public message board?
....but the world goes 'round
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#3
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:48pm
Me.

Ivan comes in at a close second.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#4
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:49pm
tazber.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#5
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:51pm
Oh, do we mean cheap as in they'll charge $10 for a quickie?

If so, that's definitely Tazber.

I don't pay for my sex.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#6
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:52pm
you just live off sugar daddies.
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#7
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:54pm
People who forget to factor in tax and tip when out to dine.

Those people suck.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#8
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:56pm
nitsy, I'm raising my prices after 1/1/08 so don't get used to the holiday rate.

And Rath, I thought I explained that was a company policy. If it was up to me I would given you the freebie.
Updated On: 12/19/07 at 01:56 PM
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#9
My boyfriends father. He sent his son a "3 for a $1" birthday card from a dollar store. He stuck me with the bill when he took the both of us out to dinner to cheer us up for both being laid off the same week. (He didn't bring his wallet) He will only put $5 worth of gas in his car at a time. He told his wife to take her medication every other day so it would last longer. He asks for a discount at every single place he goes on any pretext. ("It took so long to get our pizza- Dominos says "twenty minutes or it's free." Do you do anything like that?) (Oh yeah, Dominoes won't deliver to him any more because he would do often give a wrong address or not answer the door, hoping the to get that free pizza)
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#10
I am not cheap
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#11
Posted: 12/19/07 at 1:59pm
I took a woman to see Matthew Bourne's "Edward Scissorhands"at BAM. Before the show she ordered a cappucino at the cafe and asked me if I wanted one. "OK," I said. "Thanks" The harried bartender brought them to us and said "Eight dollars" She said "Are we going to split this?" Internally I said I'm never going to see this person again. "No,I've got it" and dropped a ten. He brought me back the two singles and I dropped them on the bar. "Two dollars?" she exclaimed. "Yes,"I said. "You have to have some class."
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
Updated On: 12/19/07 at 01:59 PM
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#12
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:00pm
Eek.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#13
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:02pm
double eek!
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#14
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:10pm
And I know Cheap- my Great great great great Aunt was said to be the biggest miser in the world. She was the richest women in the world (worth over $100,000,000 when she died in 1916) but worked out of an empty office at her bank with her paperwork in suitcases on the floor around her to avoid renting an office. She owned one set of undergarments and a black dress which she wore daily until they fell apart. (And she rarely bathed and only in cold water- it's cheaper that way.) She lived on "day old" pies she bought at a local bakery for 15 cents apiece. Her son's leg was amputated because she couldn't find a doctor to treat him for free. She lived with a painful hernia for decades because she wouldn't pay the $150 to have surgery.

She did however save the city of New York during the panic of 1907, writing the city a check for $1.1 million and took repayment in municipal bonds.

An amazing woman, my aunt!
Hetty Green
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Link Larkin Wanabe Profile PhotoLink Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#15
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:11pm
Is this thread making fun of the Jews?

Akiva
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#16
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:12pm
I don't think so...
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#17
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:16pm
wexy that is bad! JoeK I think may be winning though
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#18
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:47pm
Its one of my favorite stories and I was in a really bad mood because the woman I was supposed to bring had dumped me the week before .I'd figured don't mope and I invited this other person.Nine months later its good story material.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#19
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:52pm
When I was growing up, our neighbor would take his garbage with him to work daily so he didn't have to pay for trash collection. Keep in mind, this was a guy with a huge house and a job that probably paid about $80K a year (in a fairly rural area). It was one of his many asshollic traits.

My parents always instructed our pets to go crap on his lawn.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#20
Posted: 12/19/07 at 2:56pm
In my town you either buy garbage bags (About $3 apiece) or rent a large can for about $160 a year- that's how you pay for your garbage pickup. I noticed that not many people put out the big green cans for pick up and happened to be out front when the garbage man came. He said over half the people in my neighborhood don't ever put out any trash. I can only assume that the huge garages here are all filled with old garbage.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#21
Posted: 12/19/07 at 3:00pm
I guess I could understand if someone really had to scrimp, but really -- would you want a smelly bag full of rotten fruit, coffee grounds and cat litter riding in your sedan with you on a 20-minute drive to work?
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#22
Posted: 12/19/07 at 3:12pm
My aunt is excessively cheap. My uncle does a comic strip, and they have, you know, little bears or mugs or calendars with the comic strips on them. So for any holiday (birthday, Christmas, Easter, whatever) she gives us a comic strip bear, along with a comic strip card. They get these things for free. And we all get the same thing, all five people in our family. So we're always stuck with five once-a-day calendars or five little teddy bears. We just throw them away.

One year, for Christmas, she suggested picking names out of a hat so she wouldn't have to get a present for every single relative. One Easter she got us fake white chocolate bunnies. Fake white chocolate? You couldn't spring the extra two cents for real white chocolate?

Oh, and when I was younger, I asked for "nice jewelry" for my birthday. I was, like, twelve, so I wasn't looking for pearls or 24K gold. She got me a gold plastic necklace.

God, she drives my whole family crazy. We all went out for dinner a while back, for my grandmother's birthday, and she stuck around for about twenty minutes after the meal to find out what her family had eaten and add up the money. Instead of splitting the bill between everyone. She didn't want to have to pay more.
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#23
Posted: 12/19/07 at 4:26pm
The mother of one of my friends. She brought her own shampoo to the beauty parlor (yes, that's what I still call it, lol!) and washed her hair so she would pay less on her bill.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Is The Cheapest Person You Know?#24
Posted: 12/19/07 at 4:29pm
that guy on the Jerry Springer episode who made his wife seperate the two-ply toilet paper so it would last twice as long.