Page: 1

Will Anything In 2008 Be As Awesome As THE DARK KNIGHT?

Cruel_Sandwich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have any of you seen that prologue or that trailer yet?

Oh.

My.

God.

I changed my underwear nine times.
worrell4077
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You never know. I don't think anything would top TDK movie wise, maybe Indy 4, but non movie wise, the thing that might possibly top TDK could be the Ghostbusters videogame.

I do know that Nicholson has been topped. With all that was shown in the new trailer, Ledger has topped him, and that laugh is so much creepier and scarier than Nicholson's. This is the way Joker should be done, as a psychotic terrorist who just happens to be wearing clown makeup.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Having mind-blowing, exhausting, sweaty, lascivious sex will definitely be better than any CGI movie.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And watching a Democrat win the election come November would be even better than the sex.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you are really thinking that the most "awesome" thing that oould possibly happen in 2008 is yet another sequel to yet another franchise that really should have been allowed to die years ago, then you are even more pathetic an excuse for a person than I would have thought possible.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You know, I'm not sure it will be the MOST AWESOME thing, but it's definitely going to be very, very high on my list. I re-watched Batman Begins last night, and I absolutely cannot wait. I want to see the trailer, but I'm not sure I can sit through I Am Legend.
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't wait for this.

I still need to buy BATMAN BEGINS.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OMG you totally do Ivan, there has never been a single movie, nor a single anything in the entire history of culture, that rules as awesomely as Batman Begins! Am I right, you guys? I said, AM I RIGHT YOU GUYS???
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
Having mind-blowing, exhausting, sweaty, lascivious sex will definitely be better than any CGI movie.

OMG, I came to this thread to type virtually the same thing.

And Namo, Ivan is a screenwriter, you know. His thoughts on the Writers Guild Strike have been nothing short of inexplicable.
Updated On: 12/16/07 at 08:08 PM
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is Austin, Namo.

Duh.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They probably haven't popped their cherries yet, Phyllis.

Whatever you say, Ivan.
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Loved the prologue. Despise William Fichtner.
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OK, finally saw the preview and prologue. WOW. I have very, very good feelings about this! Whoever thought my beautiful Heath could be so utterly creepy?
worrell4077
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Whoever thought my beautiful Heath could be so utterly creepy?"

And have an equally creepy laugh.

If no one has seen the trailer, go to www.atasteforthetheatrical.com.

"Having mind-blowing, exhausting, sweaty, lascivious sex will definitely be better than any CGI movie."

Nolan uses little to no CGI in his Batman movies.

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bull.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
if this is the highlight of your 2008, you better go back and do 2007 again
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't know. Call me old fashioned, but to me, Batman IS Adam West. Or Michael Keaton. Or maybe George Clooney. Or Val Kilmer.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
worrell4077
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's fine JoeKv99, but out of all those names the best was Michael Keaton.

"Bull."

No bull. The only CGI effects in Begins were the fear gas after effects and the building that Bruce goes to in the beginning, the top was CGI. There are few CGI effects in TDK as well, probably the main one would be Harvey's transformation into Two-Face, but everything else is a practical effect including The Joker's 18 wheeler flipping over and the explosions of both the batmobile and of this one building somewhere in Chicago.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

You mean with a REAL person?
PEACE.