Survivor: China (spoilers)

DBillyP Profile PhotoDBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Survivor: China (spoilers)#1
Posted: 12/13/07 at 9:22pm
Is anyone else watching? I don't want any of the final four to win. Todd, while a good player, is way too cocky to be likable. Courtney has ridden whatever coattails that were available to get where she is since she can do nothing on her own. Denise has no spine, and Amanda turned out to be equally lacking by voting against P.G. tonight and not going for the kill against Todd.
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#2
Posted: 12/13/07 at 9:52pm
I've long since given up caring about this set of survivors, so I'm happy to just root for whoever I feel like from week to week. I was sooooo pissed when they didn't get rid of Todd tonight.

I guess it's now really Todd or Amanda's game. Amanda doesn't really accomplish anything (unless she was behind getting rid of James? I can't remember) but at least she has ideas. Courtney, who I do think is kind of funny, is just sooo bitchy and unpleasant, even when things are good for her.

And Denise. Oh, Denise.

Did you see the preview for next week? "Who will be the final four?" etc, with each of them with a little nickname? Todd the Schemer, Courtney the Long Shot, Amanda the ???? and Denise was just the Lunch Lady? But really, what else could you call her? She really doesn't do anything, you know?

Updated On: 12/13/07 at 09:52 PM
sesot Profile Photosesot Profile Photo
sesot
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#2
Posted: 12/13/07 at 10:27pm
Amanda was the "chameleon". I was disappointed they didn't vote Todd off too. Would have been cool to have 4 women in the end. Did you catch Todd's smirk after the vote was revealed; he is way too cocky. I hope the jury caught it too. If he makes it to the final 2 he will either get no votes because he pissed so many people off or he will get a lot because they see him as the more skilled player. Denise has had several opportunities these past few weeks to make key plays, but she backs down, even though she keeps saying she is low man on totem pole. If you know this when why not prove them wrong and show them you can stand on your own? I don't really care who wins at this point.
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#3
Posted: 12/14/07 at 10:34am
I think poor Denise will be the next to go.

So, will there be two or three in the final tribal council this year? I thought I heard Jeff say in the preview voice-over that there will be three tribal councils in the final two hours. That would mean one to take it to three, one to take it to two and one for the vote, right?

If that is the case, and if Todd truly is smart, he should take Courtney to the final two. The one thing juries hate more than backstabbing little manipulators like Todd is coattail riding little b*tches like Courtney.
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#4
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:01am
Denise could very well stumble into a top spot like she has been doing all along, but man, talk about someone who has taken zero initiative herself in the game.

Yep, they said three tribal councils. I never quite got the point of having three people at the final council. I don't know if they were trying to mix things up to prevent people from just dragging along someone they know won't get the votes?

On one hand, I get how the jury hates the backstabbers and the hangers on that make it to the finals, but the fact still remains that however they got there, they still beat the jury there. This final tribal council has all the makings of one of the more bitter and contentious councils. So many people on it have their little axes to grind. Frosti seems like the only one who won't spew venom when he gets up to ask his question.
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#5
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:46am
You have a point there, PRS. The final four, however they did it, are still the final four. As much as I don't want any of them to win, I will still be glued to the television on Sunday!
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#6
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:04pm
Oh, yeah. I find them all equally unlikeable, but sometimes that makes for the most fun! This season picked up, but I really hated the first half or so.
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#7
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:23pm
"If that is the case, and if Todd truly is smart, he should take Courtney to the final two."

It's a final three and I don't think that Denise will be a part of it.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 12/14/07 at 12:23 PM
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#8
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:26pm
Todd won't win against any of them. Too many on the jury dislike him.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#9
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:29pm
"It's a final three and I don't think that Denise will be a part of it."

Eventually it will be the final two, and you want to sit next to someone everyone dislikes and/or doesnt admire.

"Todd won't win against any of them. Too many on the jury dislike him."

I disagree, he's the only one who played a decent game, except for the giving away the idol thing. He's a jackass, but at least he showed up to play the game...this game and other reality shows often go to the least liked because they had to be that to play the game successfully.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#10
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:30pm
It depends on how much spite the jury is feeling, I think. Often when it's down to someone who schemed and plotted against someone who did virtually nothing (ie, Courtney and Denise) they jury will begrudgingly vote for the schemer, because at least he was actually playing the game.
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#11
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:35pm
As long as Amanda wins the final immunity, it's her's to lose. Beauty queens have done VERY well on Survivor.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#12
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:38pm
"Eventually it will be the final two, and you want to sit next to someone everyone dislikes and/or doesnt admire. "

No it won't eventually be two. The Jury will vote between three people as they have in past few years of the show.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#13
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:47pm
Yeah, but the commercial said three tribal councils, although the CBS website says something about the final three being held accountable by the jury.
Updated On: 12/14/07 at 12:47 PM
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#14
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:54pm
It's totally possible that they may have changed the format back to a final two for this season but since Survivor 13 there have been three contestants facing the Jury. I think that at this point Amanda stands the best chance of winning.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#15
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:58pm
Yeah, I have no idea now. I guess we'll find out on Sunday!
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#16
Posted: 12/14/07 at 1:08pm
They did say three tribal counsels, right?
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#17
Posted: 12/14/07 at 1:10pm
Yes, they did. Definitely.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#18
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:13pm
So is the third tribal some bullsh*t audience thing?

Courtney looks good.
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#19
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:34pm
Todd wins! He was a better "player"...I think he deserved it out of the final three.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#20
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:41pm
They're all pretty well-adjusted, I think. That tribal council was a little contentious (wtf was Jamie talking about?), but I liked that James took the high road.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#21
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:58pm
I bet James is on it again next season. Yuck.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#22
Posted: 12/17/07 at 12:55am
"So is the third tribal some bullsh*t audience thing?"

Nope, they lied. No third tribal. Unless they count the popular vote thing as a tribal counsel. Very misleading.

The game was Amanda's to loose and she lost it at tribal. Todd's performance there was brilliant and gave him the votes needed to win. I'm just surprised that Courtney actually got two votes.

"I bet James is on it again next season."

I thought the same thing.
Updated On: 12/17/07 at 12:55 AM
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#23
Posted: 12/17/07 at 7:25am
I'm thinking it's Pei Gih on Fans and Favorites. They hardly showed or talked to her during the wrap-up.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Survivor: China (spoilers)#24
Posted: 12/17/07 at 1:48pm
I'm just surprised that Courtney actually got two votes.

I was surprised she didn't get more. I thought her performance at tribal was nothing short of brilliant. She admitted the truth, didn't try to sugarcoat anything and was pretty much herself.

They were all stupid for not getting rid of Todd when they had the chance.

And am I crazy, or wasn't the line a few weeks ago that Denise was worried that - after her husband appeared - no one would vote for her because she had "such a good life." Suddenly last night it was nothing but "Woe as me, I'm just a dumb lunch lady." Kind of revolting.

I also thought James winning a hundred grand was crap, too. I hate the "let's give money to the person CBS tries to convince us was some great, admirable player who is usually just a huge douche." I cite Rupert as the original and best example.

And seriously, giving Denise fifty thousand smackers just for hating her life? Give me a f*cking break.