Page: 1

mutt rumtumtugger says "freedom requires religion"

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
what a tone deaf imbecile he is and what a pathetic campaign. after all the hype of the last few days which had "romney to give religion speech" headlines everywhere to deliver a relatively incoherent speech that contains a line that is tailor made to sink a national campaign? wow, the not freakin' ready for prime-time player is just high-larious.

i mean seriously, does no one in his entire campaign have a lick of sense? no one caught this? no one? and before anyone suggests it, there's no way it was an ad-lib. mr. polished so brightly he might shatter at any moment doesn't do ad-libs.

buh-bye, willard. yer millions ain' gonna buy you outta this one.

so, it's now pretty much huck's race to lose, at least in iowa.

i guess he really didn't want to be president
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 12/6/07 at 01:29 PM
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I read about this earlier, and just had to laugh.

The scary thing will be if it DOESN'T sink the campaign.
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And are we about to think that Ordained Minister Huckabee isn't going to have simillar stances on the importance of religion?
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well, it won't completely, dg, because he's got the millions to keep it going long past the time when it's appropriate to walk quietly off the stage. but this addressed really none of the concerns that people have about him as a mormon and manges to enflame anyone who sees the separation of church and state as right and proper. i mean the whole thing comes off like he's going to make this the united states of latter day saints fer chrissakes.

this is the best they could do after all that hype? thanks for playing, willard. give the ball back to the big kids now and go sit by the monkey bars.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"i mean seriously, does no one in his entire campaign have a lick of sense?"

No, but the same goes for the people in charge of the Giuliani, Obama and Clinton campaigns.

Tin political ears, all.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
geek, it's not about what they believe, it's about what they say.

huck's had the exact right answer when asked about mormonism: "i'm just not going to go off into evaluating other people's doctrines and faiths. i think that is absolutely not a role for a president."

this is a campaign after all.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Huckabee may not evaluate other people's faith or doctrines, but he has shown NO difficulty in judging gays.

He gives me the heebie-jeebies.
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Alright, I can see that if you merely meant it as a judgement of Romney's campaign how it would be true. But it certainly doesn't change my opinion of him because, well, I ALWAYS thought he was a hack.

Huckabee too.

Hey, maybe that's what I'll start calling Huckabee.

President Hackabee...*sigh*
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
do you see him as better or worse than bush, dg?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bush and Rove used demonizing gays cynically, as a way of buying votes from stupid bigots.

Huckabee is one of those stupid bigots.
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Freedom is slavery.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
on that theory, pj, he'll qualify even more closely as "one of the people" than did dubya.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Mother's Younger Brother Profile PhotoMother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As usual, what utter BS.

Of course, in the current U.S.-even-more-holier-than-thou-than-usual culture, Romney's comments probably won't make much of a wave. And sure, it's one thing to talk about "tolerance" of "every faith," but I'm still waiting for a president to acknowledge the FACT that there are plenty of Americans out there with NO faith whatsoever, and that's *SHOCK* ok!
Updated On: 12/6/07 at 02:07 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
even-more-wholier-than-thou

more complete? more inclusive?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Mother's Younger Brother Profile PhotoMother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oops! Corrected. re: mutt rumtumtugger says 'freedom requires religion'
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
papa, you're so predictable.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i can't believe people are still discussing him as a viable candidate.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort