Pretend to look surprised when Queen Latifah sits you down for some "Big News"

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A "Blind" item in the post yesterday and some talk on the gay sites indicates that a certain African-American rapper turned actress who appeared in a couple big-screen musicals plans on "coming out" after finishing promoting her Christmas release "The Perfect Holiday."

Who's next, Richard Simmons?
Defamer
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
If it's true, I say good for her. Yeah, her sexuality has always seemed to be something of an open secret anyway. I wish more celebrities would be open about their sexuality.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's always seemed to me to approach it like Lily Tomlin did for years - it just 'was'.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Apparently she is "marrying" her partner and that's what's motivated this new honesty. I think we're naive to think that middle America "knows" these things. A family discussion at Thanksgiving revealed that everyone was "Shocked!" when Ellen and Rosie came out! (Not that there's anything wrong with that...but they had NO IDEA until the big announcement.)
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When Richard Chamberlain finally came out, even my 60-something former Southern Baptist mother said "I thought we all knew that YEARS ago."
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Do you mean...#5
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:03pm
Do you mean that there is a closeted liberal?????

I'm so proud of you for starting a thread without referring to Larry Craig.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HD, The Self Loathing Gay Hater Speaks!#6
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:10pm
It didn't take long for HD's homophic hate to chime in!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Jilani
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Apparently she is "marrying" her partner and that's what's motivated this new honesty.

Just out of curiosity, why put that word in quotation marks? Right-wing publications frequently do that to imply that it's not a real marriage when gays do it.
Updated On: 12/5/07 at 02:12 PM
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
fox news: al qaeda is setting the fires#8
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:13pm
It would be """marrying""" her partner since it isn't the real thing.

sorry.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
Jilani
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
"Sorry," but that's factually, objectively, and legally incorrect. I live in a state where gay people can legally be married under the state's civil law, so from an objective legal standpoint, it is a real thing. And there are multiple other countries in which the same is true. Much though right-wing bigots might want to deny it, same-sex marriage exists as a legal institution.
Updated On: 12/5/07 at 02:21 PM
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HD: THE SELF LOATHING GAY HATER!#10
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:23pm
So, HD we know you hate all gay men but what about gay women? Does the Queen fall into your hate group or does it depend on who she votes for?
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HD: THE SELF LOATHING GAY HATER!#11
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:32pm
Good for her. Yes, it's a little obvious, but it's still pretty admirable, in her position. In fact, my roommate (who isn't particularly sheltered on celebrity matters) had no idea Queen was a lesbian when I brought it up a few days ago.
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HD: THE SELF LOATHING GAY HATER!#12
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:35pm
I didn't know she was a lesbian until now... It's never crossed my mind.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HD: THE SELF LOATHING GAY HATER!#13
Posted: 12/5/07 at 2:42pm
Jilani, I put it in quotes because it's still not widely available or accepted. I could go to Massachusetts or Canada and "Marry" my partner, but the document would be worthless here in Illinois where I live. I don't mean to belittle the ceremony- but it's still not the equivalent of a heterosexual marriage.
Jilani
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
OK, fair enough - if the quotation marks were used to highlight the fact that there is still inequality, rather than to imply that it can't/shouldn't happen, which is the way opponents use them.

Oh, and sadly, you couldn't even come to Massachusetts to marry your partner, unless you were planning to stay. Mitt Romney made sure of that by dusting off a no-longer-enforced law that used to be used to prevent interracial marriages by non-Massachusetts residents from taking place here. Ugh.
Updated On: 12/5/07 at 02:45 PM
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WorldNetDaily won't even use the word gay without putting it in quotation marks.
wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photowickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'm happy for her if this is true. I totally understand not wanting to divulge everything about herself but keeping it a secret makes it seem like she's ashamed...
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is the first I'm hearing about it, but then again, most of my celebrity news comes from People Magazine.
DMsquared2 Profile PhotoDMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe this'll be a wake up call to Jodie Foster? re: Pretend to look surprised when Queen Latifah sits you down for some 'Bi
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did you know LC is gay?

Wilhelmina  Profile PhotoWilhelmina  Profile Photo
Wilhelmina
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Queen has been with her partner for quite a while. In fact - her partner was with her in Toronto on the Hairspray shoot, and has a credit in the film as Queen's personal trainer.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I heard she met her partner on HAIRSPRAY and one of them left their respective partner for the other.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Wilhelmina
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I don't think so Rath - I believe they own a home together in the LA Hills.
Updated On: 12/5/07 at 03:13 PM
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Okay.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Wilhelmina
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Well, I have been wrong before...re: Pretend to look surprised when Queen Latifah sits you down for some 'Bi