Page: 1

NYC Ice Skating

emo_geek Profile Photoemo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NYC Ice Skating#1
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:02am
What rink is the least crowded (but ummm still nice?) that is close to Time Square?
"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999
bebe de broadway Profile Photobebe de broadway Profile Photo
bebe de broadway
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: NYC Ice Skating#2
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:41am
I walked past the central park (wolman) rink the other day and it wasn't too bad. My roommate really likes the skating in Bryant Park which is free if you don't need to rent ice skates.

This is my first winter living in NYC, so I can't say conclusively, but give those two a shot. re: NYC Ice Skating

Hope that helps!
"I'd rather be 9 people favorite thing than 100 people's ninth favorite thing." http://youtube.com/profile?user=nekoexcel
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NYC Ice Skating#2
Posted: 12/5/07 at 9:58am
Its all about Central Park.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NYC Ice Skating#3
Posted: 12/5/07 at 1:54pm
I went to Central Park over Thanksgiving week and it was beautifull! The rink looked like it was the biggest one in NY. I think it was about 20 bucks for Ice skate rental and admission.
Tchi4Lif188 Profile PhotoTchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NYC Ice Skating#4
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:20pm
The Central Park one is much bigger so that would be my suggestion but I've only been to Bryant Park since it's free, but that gets really crowded really fast.
"Wishes come true, not free..."
bebe de broadway Profile Photobebe de broadway Profile Photo
bebe de broadway
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: NYC Ice Skating#5
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:47pm
Good to know about the crowded thing. The only rink I've been to is the one at Chelsea Piers to watch my boyfriend at the time play hockey. lol
"I'd rather be 9 people favorite thing than 100 people's ninth favorite thing." http://youtube.com/profile?user=nekoexcel