Cruise infuriated by fat, bald image leak

Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cruise infuriated by fat, bald image leak#1
Posted: 11/22/07 at 3:48pm
What a surprise; Tom Cruise throws another tantrum. From IMDB:

"Representatives for Tom Cruise are infuriated pictures of the actor appearing as a fat, balding studio executive in his new movie have been leaked on the internet. The star is currently filming Ben Stiller comedy Tropic Thunder alongside wife Katie Holmes and The Holiday star Jack Black - and is reported to be considering legal action over the shots. In a statement, representatives for Cruise said, "Mr. Cruise's appearance was supposed to be a surprise for his fans worldwide. (Paparazzi) have ruined what should have been a fun discovery for moviegoers." Cruise's co-star Black is equally upset the picture was leaked to the press. He tells MTV news, "I can't believe it got leaked out. Could you tell it was him? He's not going to be very funny in this movie. It was supposed to be a secret, but there it is." Owen Wilson was initially earmarked to appear in the project, but was forced to pull out earlier this year."

Maybe I'm missing something, but exactly how was seeing Tom Cruise as a balding fat guy going to be a "fun discovery"?
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well you know, any thing delay the inevitable queer discovery is worth it to tommy girl
AngryDeer Profile PhotoAngryDeer Profile Photo
AngryDeer
Stand-by
Stand-by
Sexy!
"This thread has just crossed over to BEST THREAD OF THE DAY land. It might have won the BEST THREAD OF THE WEEK award, were it not for stupid deer."
RobbieJ

"This is almost as good as the deer thread.
BillyGoatGirl300

"Ugly people shouldn't mate"
AngryDeer
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hope he actually came up with a character, and didn't just bet on his fat suit alone being the big payoff.

If he did, that would be really shallow and kinda clueless.

Oh, wait...
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Boo Hoo
Poster Emeritus
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am sure this is overblown, but it appears that there are numerous uncredited cameos in this film. So I suspect THAT is why they are disappointed that it was leaked. As far as "legal action"? Good luck with that...
PEACE.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And did Black really mean to say that he was sure Cruise would NOT be funny in this movie? Or is that a typo?
PEACE.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It doesn't appear to be a typo.

Link to Quote
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cruise infuriated by fat, bald image leak#10
Posted: 11/22/07 at 10:45pm
Hahahahahahahahaha I just peed a little. Can't stand him bald and fat either!
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
orangeskittles Profile Photoorangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cruise infuriated by fat, bald image leak#11
Posted: 11/23/07 at 12:00am
"The Holiday star Jack Black". You'd think they would pick a more well-known identifier for association. Had I not seen a commercial for it airing On Demand earlier today, I wouldn't have even remembered that movie, let alone that Jack Black was in it.
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's not funny...kind of makes me want to puke.

Page: 1