What people will do for Hannah Montana tickets and money

SweetQintheLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- This is how hot tickets for a Hannah Montana concert are: Five people in Tampa are clinging to a statue of the Disney Channel star, in the hopes of winning four tickets to the show and $5,000.

The contest sponsored by a local radio station started Thursday with 20 contestants. Four women and one man remain.

Each contestant must keep at least one hand or foot on the statue at all times. They get a 12-minute break every three hours. The can sleep, but they need permission to switch positions and can't entertain themselves with ipods, books or cell phones.

Contest organizers say the endurance test will continue until Sunday, the day before the Tampa concert, or until there's a winner.
"
link to article
"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
JustChillin8908
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think the bigger issue here is that someone actually built a Hannah Montana statue.
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My sister would do this in a heartbeat.

I would rather puke.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is like those "hands on a car" contests they have in the south. You'd be surprised how long these people can go.
....but the world goes 'round
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think someone needs to refer them to the recent Grey's Anatomy episode where two women were clinging to a wedding dress in similar fashion. It did not end well.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think John Barrowman should do something similar for his upcoming UK tour. I will fly to England and keep my hand on a part of his body as long as it takes for me to get what I want.
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't understand the hype with this girl. Didn't tickets for her concerts go for like 5 grand?
A work of art is an invitation to love.
SweetQintheLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It kinda reminds me of the radio contest where the lady died from water intoxication.

It's like: Who can take the most torture?

"The can sleep, but they need permission to switch positions and can't entertain themselves with ipods, books or cell phones"

Unless I'm reading it wrong, they must sleep in one position and need permission to move? I change positions in my sleep without realizing it.

Edit: Em, I've never even heard of her until I worked at camp this summer (2nd grade girls). Hannah Montana is ALL WE LISTENED TO, ALL SUMMER LONG.
"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
Updated On: 11/12/07 at 10:34 PM
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My 12-year-old cousins think she's the best thing since sliced bread. I suppose we did the same things at that age. Of course, my parents weren't getting in line to hold onto a life-sized statue of Zack Morris.
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Her concert appearance beat out the Iraq war here in Denver on the news.
Just give the world Love.
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hannah Montana is ALL WE LISTENED TO, ALL SUMMER LONG.

Oh, how I pity you. That girl sounds like she has marbles in her mouth ALL. THE. TIME.
misschung Profile Photomisschung Profile Photo
misschung
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have to admit, I have two of her songs on my mp3 player.

They're catchy, I tell ya
The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Careful, Em - remember, there are people with differing opinions on what Raul sings like, as well . . .
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Point taken, but I'm still entitled to say what I think. re: What people will do for Hannah Montana tickets and money There are differing opinions on most singers. A tendency to be defensive with regard to a handful of particular performers shouldn't mean that I give up my privilege to be the voice of differing opinions on others. I don't even think her voice is particularly bad. She's just impossible to understand. And her songs are catchy.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Your point taken, as well, Em re: What people will do for Hannah Montana tickets and money

Honestly, I think I've reached a point where I'm thankful I can't understand the . . . um, 'lyrics'!
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Has anybody heard her actual voice? I mean, without the pitch-correcting technology? At least Zach Morris had the decency to get a male Marni Nixon type for his lip-syncing when he and the gang formed Zach Attack.

That being said, I'd totally be fondling that statue. With $5,000 AND four tickets to scalp, I could pay my rent for two years at least.
JerseyGirl2 Profile PhotoJerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
C'mon... it's the daughter of the Achy Breaky Mullet dude. Who wouldn't kill to be there???
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
BroadwayBound86 Profile PhotoBroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
The tickets to all her concerts sold out in like seconds or something like that. It was all over the news. Of course parents will do anything to get free tickets. I would instead of paying the momey brokers are charging. This makes me think back to my *N Sync days...the things you do for FREE tickets.
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow, I have yet to really know what this girl is about. I have seventeen-year-old friends that are obsessed wih her, one of my friends excitedly showed me theother day that she had bought Hannah Montana lip gloss. This is a senior in high school. I'venever seen her show, I've neer heard her music, i oculdn't even pick her out of a lineup...is she really that amazing? Am I missing out?
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In between this, the rampant cop-killing, and other factors too numerous to mention, I think its time to get the f**k outta Florida, SweetQ.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
BroadwayBound86
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
My younger cousin is obsessed with her. I have heard of few of her songs. She's got a decent voice. I've never seen the show though.

Although it's an ongoing joke with a few friends of mine and myself that if Beauty is ever brought back, she will then be old enough to play Belle. I wouldn't be surprised with that stunt casting move.
AudreyTwoTwo Profile PhotoAudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My friends were pushing me to go, fortunately I said "Hell No."
The kids I babysit love her. I have to watch it all of the time. So, needless to say, it's grown on me a little bit, so I tolerate it. Doesn't mean I will pay to see her live- that might kill me. She also doesn't even sing live and it is so easy to tell.
The Best of Times is Now!
folkyboy Profile Photofolkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i feel so unhip that i had to google who Hannah Montana was! i'm so not with it
BroadwayBound86
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Well now her fan club is being sued. The things they choose to report about on the news sometimes amuses me. Save it for E!

Members Sue Hannah Montana Fan Club
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow, she's only 14? I definitely thought she was older.