Page: 1

Joe Strummer documentary: The Future is Unwritten

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Somebody got the original thread deleted so I thought I would put up a replacement and keep my fingers crossed for this one.

I'm excited by the Village Voice review alone.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Huge Clash fan. I can't wait to see this.
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The thread got deleted? Hm, I was away for awhile I missed it.

Joe Strummer is a god. He's still on my screensaver after all these years.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't know if you saw my first post in it, but I mentioned that my proudest punk rock moment happened at a Clash show and one of my biggest life regrets involved an opportunity to talk with Joe Strummer that I let slip out of my hands. A few months later, he was dead.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw the Clash perform as opening act for The Who at Shea Stadium about a million years ago. While I enjoyed them, the crowd got restless and was not at all pleased when they performed an encore.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And then they kicked out Mick Jones after that and it was all downhill from there. I actually saw the post-Mick Clash once and I have to say, it was unnecessary but not half-bad.

Nothing compared to the London Calling tour, even from the last row in the upper balcony it was still one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life.
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw the documentary at Sundance. Got to see The Clash with The Who at Shea Stadium in 1978 or 79. Amazing.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'82.
sweetestsiren Profile Photosweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm a huge Clash fan, so I'd really like to see this. It's cool that a lot of you got to see them live. I wish.
Updated On: 11/8/07 at 09:15 PM