Page: 1

When Good Directors Go Bad: THE WICKER MAN

Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When Good Directors Go Bad: THE WICKER MAN#1
Posted: 10/30/07 at 1:33pm
Oh fiddlesticks, I managed to miss this one. But the article makes me wanna see it now!
WGDGB: THE WICKER MAN
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
shameless Profile Photoshameless Profile Photo
shameless
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually watched this last night. It wasn't great, but I didn't change the channel either. And, I didn't see that ending coming at all.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson
AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i enjoyed this movie
and i didn't see the end coming either.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love the original which is quirky and unnerving!

And I love the remake which is pure CAMP!

Nicolas Cage is so OVER THE TOP!

(SPOILER)

"THIS IS MURDER! MURDER! YOU'LL ALL BE GUILTY, AND YOU'RE DOING IT FOR NOTHING! KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GODD*MN HONEY!"
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved this from the youtube comments:

"Production budget for The Wicker Man: $35,000,000.

Worldwide box office earnings for The Wicker Man: $32,000,000.

Nick Cage in a bear costume clobbering a woman: Priceless."
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali