when truthers interrupt a live broadcast

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
when truthers interrupt a live broadcast#1
Posted: 10/21/07 at 8:31am
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when truthers interrupt a live broadcast#2
Posted: 10/21/07 at 11:50am
Bill Maher absolutely did the right thing. He has a talk show with INVITED GUESTS. Not with audience members. While protesting is fine and dandy, there are better (and still nonviolent) ways to make their voices heard.

I personally am mixed on the 9/11 Truth issue. I believe that there are simple questions that have not been given direct answers from our government. I believe people are afraid to ask and that the gov't is afaid to address. As to whether Bush knew in advance or if it was a controlled explosion...I don't know either way.

Regardless, it is ALWAYS OK to ask questions.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when truthers interrupt a live broadcast#2
Posted: 10/21/07 at 11:56am
Well anyone foolish enough to actually believe that there is a 9/11 conspiracy should probably be expected to act this way.
....but the world goes 'round
grnsmwhr Profile Photogrnsmwhr Profile Photo
grnsmwhr
Stand-by
Stand-by
I guess they don't watch cable. The show I saw explained how the building was designed and why it pancaked down like it did. Made perfect sense to me.

Bill Maher just went up a couples notches for me.

You see, obsessions are very personal things, they come from deep inside us, where we are open and vulnerable, which is why I consider them sacred, not to be belittled....PalJoey
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh, don't worry, our own truthers will be here shortly to explain to us all how fire cannot melt steel and how the administration that cannot even keep it secret wiretapping and secret prisons secret managed to conceal a conspiracy of this magnitude.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I LOVED it, It was hillarious.

"Hey, could we get some ****ing security in here????????!!!!!!!!!!"

Bill Maher is my hero.
sally1112 Profile Photosally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for posting that. Wow. I don't even know what to say to those people.
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when truthers interrupt a live broadcast#7
Posted: 10/21/07 at 10:15pm
There have been a gaggle of Truthers down at Ground Zero spouting their Conspiracy Theories. It is great entertainment to stand by and watch the heated debates that go on with tourists paying their respects.
It doesn't matter what their message was on Bill's show, their tactics were wrong and they deserved to be taken away by security. I am surprised only at the failing of CBS's security to handle the matter more quickly. I know I was at the SNL Live show a few years back when Sharon Stone was on. A group of protesters got into the audience and began to scream at her during the opening monologue. They were angry at her portrayal of a gay murderess in Basic Instinct. Security was on them like white on rice and they were ushered out with only a slight hiccup to the show. Sharon just blinked a couple times and went on as if nothing happened.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
don logan Profile Photodon logan Profile Photo
don logan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: when truthers interrupt a live broadcast#8
Posted: 10/21/07 at 11:10pm
Maher kicks ass; literally and figuretively
"Never before has an American president been so closely tied to a foreign power that harbors and supports our country's mortal enemies."
SNLMedia Profile PhotoSNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when truthers interrupt a live broadcast#9
Posted: 10/22/07 at 11:23am
SNAFU, I always wondered what those screams from the audience were in the opening sketch and monologue of Sharon Stone's episode. You can still hear everything on the rerun. Now I know exactly what happened. Thanks for your account!
"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball