Oh God, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh God, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

exactly 32 minutes ago in Lowe's it happened. We went in to get a trashcan, all was ok....and then suddenly without warning, the Spirit of Christmas smacked me in the face, and now I am doomed, DOOMED I tell you until Jan 2.

Perhaps it was the music, the trees, the ornaments, the little houses (of which I had to purchase one).
Maybe it was the silly chicken that you push a button and it sings Feliz Navidad, poorly.
Maybe it was the singing and dancing penguins, or perhaps, just perhaps it was the three little reindeer, who sang "There's no business like show business."

No matter, it happened, and I am doomed until Jan 2.

My minutae for the evening

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Updated On: 10/19/07 at 11:00 PM
ScottyDoesn'tKnow Profile PhotoScottyDoesn'tKnow Profile Photo
ScottyDoesn'tKnow
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
In late August, Barnes and Noble was already making us to sell calendars and Christmas cards and putting up displays that cater to Christmas-like shopping.

The joys of retail.
"[Gore] was widely perceived as arrogant. If you know something, you're not smart. You're a smarty-pants. It's annoying. People get annoyed with your knowledge. It goes back to high school, to not doing your homework ... 'There's something I should know, I don't know why I should know it but someone knows it and I don't. So I'm going to have to make fun of him now.'" -Sarah Vowell, The Partly-Cloudy Patriot
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
Ooh lord, that's early! Last year I didn't get any till Christmas Eve. I plan to watch A Diva's Christmas Carol on Thanksgiving and hope mine kicks in then.
miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wait, you BOUGHT one of the little houses!!! On OCTOBER 19???? It's not even Halloween!!!!

Did the people in line and the cash register person look at you funny?
"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My partners sister works for the B&N flagship store in Manhattan....I could live in B&N, lol
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
ust perhaps it was the three little reindeer, who sang "There's no business like show business."

Was it show or snow?
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You didn'g get ANY till Christmas Eve, Phyllis? That's 365 days without. I'm sorry, I didn't know.
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
ScottyDoesn'tKnow Profile PhotoScottyDoesn'tKnow Profile Photo
ScottyDoesn'tKnow
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Some people do, Elphaba. The 9 hours that the store isn't open to the public, they just fend for themselves on the street then come back. Ah, our special regulars. I tell ya, we're like a bar sometimes.
"[Gore] was widely perceived as arrogant. If you know something, you're not smart. You're a smarty-pants. It's annoying. People get annoyed with your knowledge. It goes back to high school, to not doing your homework ... 'There's something I should know, I don't know why I should know it but someone knows it and I don't. So I'm going to have to make fun of him now.'" -Sarah Vowell, The Partly-Cloudy Patriot
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kringas, I've had years when it never came.....I'm thinking this is th year that makes up for it, ugh

Penny, it's a cool like coffee/expresso shop, with open doors and you can see the counter, tables, etc.....I am not sure how I'll fit it wher we put them, but I will!
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And did they sing the Ethel Merman disco version????

~ Best12Bars
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How exciting!
I've not listened to any Christmas music yet but I know it's going to happen soon.
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
ClumsyDude15 Profile PhotoClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Went to the mall so I could go to Borders and get the next two Gossip Girl books and came through Macy's and literally, it was Christmas all over! I was like "Oh my god! It's not even Halloween!"

Here in Jersey, there's a radio station that starts playing Christmas music the second week of November.

"I could live in B&N"

Me too! =)
Updated On: 10/19/07 at 11:08 PM
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kringas, it was "show", made no sense at all, but....

Scotty, I can't get out of a B&N without spending $50. One of my fav stores is near my sisters in Long Beach, CA...they have such a good travel section.

No, Penny.....Disco would not have put me in the mood....well, not yet anyway
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
I've had years when it didn't come at all, either. A Very Merry Muppet Christmas is also good for getting in the mood.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A local radio station is switching formats so as of two weeks ago it is all Christmas music all the time until the official switchover on January 12th.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Can't wait for the radio.
I'll keep it on all night.

Tanny and I are sitting for an Xmas portrait Monday night.
Can't wait to make cards!
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Muppet Christmas Carol always does it to me, and Jim Carreys Grinch, and White Christmas......and, of course, Love Actually
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The thing that bothers me is that it's 70 degrees out still. I always hate to be in Florida for the holidays. To me, Christmas season goes along with cold weather.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
Kringas, it was "show", made no sense at all, but...

Oh no, that makes it even better. It took me a minute to even consider that maybe it should have been snow.

And I love that you still call me Kringas. It must be what Christine Jorgenseon felt like when people called her "George."
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Each year I arrange a large selection of my Santa Claus collection on the mantel. Last year I christened it "The Santel." Here's a preview:

re: Oh God, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

~ Best12Bars
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
I've considered having a tree this year. If I do, it will be the first time in my adult life that I ever had one in my own place.
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I just can't call you Phyllis, I just can't! Sigh

Nice Santas, Penny, that many as a child would have scared me to death!

Updated On: 10/19/07 at 11:23 PM
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
go for it K. I had actually decided to do nothing for Christmas until all of this happened tonight.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
I don't mind. It makes me smile.

Seriously, people. It's sooo good.
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The first time I heard Christmas Shoes, I actually thought it was a parody. Seriously.

~ Best12Bars