Page: 1

Is Voulez-Vous the Greatest ABBA Album Ever of All Time For Infinity?

Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is Voulez-Vous the Greatest ABBA Album Ever of All Time For Infinity?

My first ABBA album and still one I hold dear to my heart. After riding the wave of their successful disco singles, Dancing Queen and Summer Night City, Voulez Vous was their first album containing a majority of disco-infused tunes, though their signature pop sound predominantly shines through, with the occasional folk melody tossed into the mix.

As far as classic disco goes, If It Wasn't For the Nights remains my favorite. I actually remember listening to the song for the first time thinking I'd heard it somewhere. It was so instantly catchy, it seemed familiar. But Chiquitita and As Good As New are still my favorites on this album and possibly my favorite ABBA songs in general. When I'm blue, this album does the trick, which is probably why I'm playing it now.

Any other Voulez Vous fans out there?

Oh! And Frida never looked HOTTER!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 10/19/07 at 02:07 PM
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought giving the thread title the Cruel_Sandwich treatment might elicit a response.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I do love this recording.

But I'm still a "Super Trouper" fan.
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I will be the first to admit I am a huge ABBA fan. I do like the Voulez-Vous album (yes kiddies I said album) My favorite one is a very early Greatest Hits, many people don't realize they were HUGE in Europe Asia India and Australia long before the US even heard of them!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Don't know but I love every song in Mamma Mia plus The Visitor.
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The Visitor" is the one with my favorite dance songs re: Is Voulez-Vous the Greatest ABBA Album Ever of All Time For Infinity?

I couldn't care less what people might think of the fact that I'm a HUGE ABBA fan - it's some of the happiest music I've heard in my life. And guess what, I CHOOSE happiness!

Go figure!
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am with you DG!!
Now I reall have to be off to pack.
(Seeing Young Frankenstein and The Overwhelming tomorrow)
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ooooh - have a fun and HAPPY time, Mom re: Is Voulez-Vous the Greatest ABBA Album Ever of All Time For Infinity?
BwayLover Profile PhotoBwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh I'm a HUGE, HUGE ABBA fan! And like you, DG, I don't care what people say - it IS the happiest music but also, especially in their later albums, some incredible, thought provoking (yes, yes) lyrics. Take for example one of my favorites, "I Let The Music Speak" or "Move On"....Beautiful.

I do love VV very much. It has some lesser known songs I particularly love like "If It Wasn't For The Nights" (what a great song!) and "Angeleyes".

And Frida is HOT, HOT HOT. My favorite ABBA member by far. re: Is Voulez-Vous the Greatest ABBA Album Ever of All Time For Infinity?
"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anyone remember the semi-cover of Angeleyes called "Bring Me Edelwiess"?
DayDreamer Profile PhotoDayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This was my first album ever... well this one and Grease, got them both for my birthday that year.

And my family had no clue I was gay. Go figure.

Though my favorite ABBA album has got to be Super Trouper. I would pay good money to see them perform. Back in the day I saw "ABBA - The Movie" many, many times.
Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch