Page: 1

Anti-Gay/Hate Extremists to hold Conference Near Seattle

DayDreamer Profile PhotoDayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's amazing what can happen a mere 15 miles away from home...

From The Stranger:
...the Watchmen on the Walls will hold an international meeting to plot their war against homosexuals and “homosexualists” (straight people who are sympathetic to gay people) at the Lynnwood Convention Center. Calls made yesterday to the Convention Center revealed administrators’ ignorance of what they were getting themselves into.

As featured Watchmen speaker Pastor Alexey Ledyaev put it, the Watchmen’s mission is “to bring the laws of our nations in[to] full compliance with the law of God.” This Taliban-esque mission is made more alarming by the anti-gay violence that tends to swarm around Watchmen events.

The Watchmen conference scheduled for October 19-21 at the Lynnwood Convention Center will feature a number of prominent Latvian anti-gay warriors, along with the Northwest’s own Pastor Ken Hutcherson. Correct me if I’m wrong, but foreigners coming to America with the purpose of doing harm to Americans are traditionally called terrorists, and the Watchmen conference seems like the last thing the City of Lynnwood would want to align itself with.

Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

Updated On: 10/12/07 at 05:01 PM
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But I bet Freddy Krug...I mean Phelps, will show up!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
what the ****? why do they keep deleting my posts, there wasn't even a personal attack on another member or doubting the authority of those in charge of the site. good lord

Stewpot Profile PhotoStewpot Profile Photo
Stewpot
Stand-by
Stand-by
I feel your pain, liver.
gayer than laughter, am I. And who wouldn't be, after seeing Cheyenne in those tight black shorts?
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yea, Socky McPuppet.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Wilhelmina  Profile PhotoWilhelmina  Profile Photo
Wilhelmina
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
"Correct me if I’m wrong, but foreigners coming to America with the purpose of doing harm to Americans are traditionally called terrorists"

Sad when the wrong people escape genocide.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i had to fix that doggone title. i kept having visions of these little six legged latvians running around on checkered table cloths. would that a can of raid would be all that was necessary.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You totally cracked me up, papa. Main title fixed.

Celebrate Life

papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mission accomplished. without a flight suit or a banner. i must vow to use this power only for good. or fun.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
extremely sad........I hope people are calling the Lynnwood city offices to complain about this hate meeting.

If this insipid group was not honest about their "mission" then I would say the conv center has the right to cancel their contract.

Wa****onians need to step up to the plate on this one.

The Latvians must be very excited to finally experience toilet paper, since they are used to using their hands...
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm pretty sure they are getting flooded with emails. I even encourage out-of-state folk to email them (you all!) to show that this has reach far outside Western Washington.
Celebrate Life

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"a number of prominent Latvian anti-gay warriors"

I can't wrap my head around that statement - it just seems like a satirical joke.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DD, already have!
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Latvian anti gay warriors"

What next Anti Gay Dwarfs From Estonia?
Poster Emeritus
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anti Gay Dwarfs From Estonia

One of em posts here under the name "VoiceAnth."
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
VoiceAnth22
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Legion of Latvian Lesbians with their Lethal Lances have just landed in Walla Walla Washington to do battle.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
walla walla is a bit of a trek to seattle. Like, a long one. Especially if they're carrying lances.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
latvian lesbians loathe long ones.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yet they have very phallac weapons.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
These groups have close ties to Pat Robertson and the like, and none will renounce violence, including a gay man who was murdered by a bunch of Slavic thugs. THESE are the people who should be deported.

Yet we're afraid of people from Mexico here to pick lettuce.

Side note: I think these people are freaks among their own culture. I've been to the Baltic states, and from what I can remember, it was mostly a secular society. They're no more representative of all Latvians than Ken Hutcherson -- a Grade A ass if there ever was one -- is representative of all Americans.
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow... just got a great email from the mayor of the City of Lynnwood, where this event is being 'hosted.' It's good to know the City is more progressive than I was originally giving them credit for; they do not schedule groups in the CC, and had no idea about this group. This response makes me feel a lot better and hope something will be done:

We wish to make perfectly clear that the City of Lynnwood:

* Does not make decisions as to who rents or uses the convention center.
* Did not have advance knowledge, nor has it "approved," nor does it support, nor is it "hosting," the "Watchmen on the Wall" Event.

The City of Lynnwood has over the last several years actively engaged in promoting through our Neighborhoods & Diversity Commission "mutual understanding" and respect amongst and between all sectors of our community. We as a city, and I as a councilmember and now as mayor, have all worked hard to foster an atmosphere of understanding and tolerance. While we must also value the constitutional rights of everyone to exercise their freedoms of speech and to peaceably assemble, our city will not tolerate activities which violate the personal safety or constitutional rights of others.

The City of Lynnwood wishes to make it also perfectly clear that it does not reflect, nor endorse the views and opinions of those who use the convention center and who may seek to polarize citizens through their own exercise of the freedoms of speech and right to peacefully assemble.
Celebrate Life