Page: 1

Woo Hoo!! American Gladiators Making a Comeback

JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One of my guility pleasures of the 90's may be making a comeback mid-season.

Woo Hoo!!  American Gladiators Making a Comeback

"NBC is getting into the ring with "American Gladiators," which has been revived by the Peacock for midseason.

The competition skein -- which featured players with names like Nitro, Turbo and Laser in its campy, early '90s syndie incarnation -- will be updated for the 21st century with new technology and twists. MGM TV, which was behind the original hit, is producing along with Reveille."

more
Gladiators
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I used to love this show! Think they'll keep the 1980s pro-wrestler hairstyles? re: Woo Hoo!!  American Gladiators Making a Comeback
DBillyP Profile PhotoDBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'll second that "Woo Hoo"!
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Woo Hoo!!  American Gladiators Making a Comeback

Who cares about the hairstyles? As long as they keep the singlets I'll be happy.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
DBillyP Profile PhotoDBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think the steroid level in those men prevented there being anything for the singlets to feature ... if you know what I mean ...
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
sondheimboy2 Profile Photosondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Looking at the picture on the video game box makes me think about Groucho Marx's comment regarding the Hedy Lamarr/Victor Mature film "Sampson and Delilah" that "his (Sampson's) tits were bigger than hers (Delilah's)"...

And, could all the blondes in that picture (male and female) be arrested for hair abuse, or what?!?
"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba
BigFatBlonde Profile PhotoBigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yoowza! Some mighty fine females!
What great ones do the less will prattle of
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just think...a whole new set of action figures...Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

re: Woo Hoo!!  American Gladiators Making a Comeback