TV Land is playing The Little House on the Prairie right now..

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
..and it's the episode when the baby son dies. TV Land is playing The Little House on the Prairie right now..
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OMG, I was in 5th grade when that original episode aired. I believe it was the night of our Christmas concert at school. I watched that show religiously.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh my God. The one where Laura runs away and Ernest Borgnine is God?

That episode destroyed me!
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The one where Laura runs away and Ernest Borgnine is God?"

That's a joke, right?
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not at all. Laura ran off to the mountains and found God in the form of Ernest Borgnine!
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
just like Ethel Merman!
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What about the one where the blind school is on fire and Mrs. Garvey uses Mary's baby as a battering ram to break the window. LOL
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TV Land is playing The Little House on the Prairie right now.. Little House on the Prairie is so wonderful. The prettiest, most talented actresses.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, how I love this show.
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved Nellie Olsen.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Urban Profile PhotoUrban Profile Photo
Urban
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It took me a moment to figure out it was Carolyn's baby son and not Marys that was used as a battering ram during in the burning building.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Remember the episode where Carolyn goes through the change of life? Don't laugh there really was one. Mary (I think) announces she's going to have a baby and Carolyn announces she thinks she's going to have one too. Then Carolyn goes to Doc Baker and he tells her it ain't so. There is a scene where she is walking home along the prairie and her voiceover is in angst over her change of life. It was this episode that finally made me believe that this show had become Little Soap Opera on the Prairie.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 8/24/07 at 12:17 PM
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't remember that episode, even though I know I've seen all of them.

Are you serious about them using their baby as a battering ram to get out of the fire? I remember the fire, but I don't remember that part. I could have sworn Mary's baby and either a caretaker or other teacher at the school was killed in the fire.
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I remember the change of life episode. I thought Laura was pregnant, though.

And I thought the baby died in the fire because Albert got high!
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That episode where Albert's girl got raped is still the creepiest hour of television I've ever encountered. And then she died at the end, right?
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Doodle, please refer to people by their character name, because I have absolutely no idea who you're talking about!! LOL
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ALBERT! (He was the adopted son, right? With the lips.)

robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh Albert...He made me realize some very special things about myself.

Mmmm mmm mmm...is he still adorable??
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thank you!

Talking about this show is bringing up so many memories. At the time the show first aired we used to play, "Little House on the Prairie" in my neighborhood. I was always Nellie. Well I told a so-called friend (at the time) this and she blabbered it to the whole school. Boy did it take years to live that down!! Ironically she and I are the best of friends today (some 30+ years later). I wonder if she even remembers that.
justme2 Profile Photojustme2 Profile Photo
justme2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was Mary's baby, not Caroline's, that was in the fire with someone's wife who was watching the baby...myabe Mrs. Garvey, as someone already mentioned earlier. It was NOT used as a battering ram to break the window, though it sure as hell filmed that way! And they both died in the fire.

It's rather disturbing to remember so many of the episodes! I grew up watching this show and loved it! My personal favorites were when Mr Olsen would finally lose it and beat the crap out of Nellie and Wille.
"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yes...i think so. Remember he starred in that bad horror movie "Deadly Friend" with Kristy Swanson? He was all grown up and very cute....now he's middle aged and cute.

DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The one episode that stands out in my mind was the one where everyone in the town got sick as a result of rats at the flour mill. I can still vividly see them opening the doors to the storeroom to discover the rat invasion.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Are you serious about them using their baby as a battering ram to get out of the fire?"

It's the way the scene was filmed. Mrs. Garvey picks up the baby, but she is surrounded by fire. She is holding the baby in her arms and uses her elbow to smash the window, but from the angle it was filmed, it looks like she rams the baby through the window.
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gotham, thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, Doodle, that childhood memory was for you!
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"...using their baby as a battering ram to get out of the fire?"

Isnt that what babies are for?

Updated On: 8/24/07 at 01:06 PM