Page: 1

Something that's been going on in my little corner of NJ

doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HS production of The Laramie Project finally allowed to go on:
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070810/NEWS/708100389/1004/NEWS01
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bravo! If I lived anywhere near there I'd come see it.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, I was surprised because I read in the local paper that it was still in contention, but the theater professor vowed that they'd put it on "somewhere". He's been amazing to keep the fight going.

We plan to see it, of course.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile PhotoCaroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
that's depressing because I live in TEXAS and we were allowed to do The Laramie Project two years ago. Bravo for reversing the decision but how disheartening to hear about something like this happening in the first place
"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was surprised too...it's a pretty liberal area.

doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Here is an update:
http://www.districtadministration.com/newssummary.aspx?news=yes&postid=47993
I dont like the backpedalling of the Superintendant and the Principal, but am heartened that supposedly thousands of letters and emails flooded their offices in support of putting the play on.