Favorite/Least Favorite Harry Potter Characters *Possible Deathly Hallows Spoilers!!!*

GuitarGirl Profile PhotoGuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mine are, possible in no particular order:
Sirius Black
Albus Dumbledore
Harry Potter
Ron Weasley
Ginny Weasley
Remus Lupin
Fred and George Weasley

I find Snape to be a very interesting character, but I'm not sure if he's one of my favorites. And there are characters that I really like, but aren't necessarily favorites.

My least favorites include Umbridge, Peter Pettigrew, and Bellatrix Lestrange. I hate Voldemort, but he is an interesting character and certainly not what I would call a least favorite, if anyone knows what I mean.

I love how some of the characters evolve, so that if you didn't like them at first you might later on (i.e. Sirius, possibly Snape) or the opposite (not sure if this is the best example, but Peter Pettigrew).

SPOILER:

About half my favorites list is dead, which is sad.
"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Neville Longbottom (my favorite!)
Albus Dumbledore
Harry Potter
Hermione Granger
Ron Weasley
Ginny Weasley
Luna Lovegood
Hagrid
All the other Weasleys
Sirius Black
Lily Potter

I don't really have a least favorite character. There's not really any character I say "Ugh" when they come up. Maybe Gilderoy Lockhart?
yr ronin,
joey
GuitarGirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ugh, Lockhart was so annoying. It was kind of funny how Harry and Ron managed to boss him around at the end of CoS.
"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley
deadparrot
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Favorites: Luna Lovegood, Severus Snape

Least favorites: in terms of pure loathing, Umbridge. In terms of "meh," Ginny. I just never felt I got to know her well enough to understand Harry's constant mooning over her.
KelRel Profile PhotoKelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Favorite-
Hermione, Harry, Ron, Mrs. Weasley, Fred and George, Tonks, Sirius, Remus, Dobby, Dumbledore, and McGonagall.

They are in no particular order, except for Hermione. She is my favorite, probably because she reminds me of me when I was her age.
"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.
Pippin Profile PhotoPippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
favorites: Hagrid, Luna, Mrs. Weasley, Snape, McGonagal, Tonks

favorites, as in love to hate, or hate to love: Umbridge (so deliciously nasty), Mr. Dursley

I hate: Percy, Marvolo Gaunt, Bellatrix, Narcissa, Lucius, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle (so glad Crabbe died the way he did), Draco's girlfriend, Fudge, Fudge, Fudge, and Scrimgeour, Fenrir.
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
GuitarGirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, God, I hate Fenrir! I felt so bad for Lupin when he was telling Harry about him in HBP.
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
what's the final verdict for Fenrir? did he die or what. it was pretty inconclusive. I don't have my book with me at work right now.
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
Chrysanthemum62001
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SPOILERS!
My favorite characters have always been
Fred and George.
Also Lupin and Sirius.
I LOATHED the fact one of the twins died. It was pointless.
"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
such is death when it comes to war.
GuitarGirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At least, when it comes to certain characters, they are re-united with their friends.
Lindsay Hameister Profile PhotoLindsay Hameister Profile Photo
Lindsay Hameister
Understudy
Understudy
All the Weasleys (the twins in particular), Neville, Hermione, Sirius, Lupin, Harry, Tonks...I was blubbering like a baby when Fred died and Lupin and Tonks dying just made it worse
you cant fix stupid
ahmelie Profile Photoahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ginny is my favourite. She kicks major ass.

Harry whines, Hermione's a tart, Ron's a complete ass...
Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've adored Snape from the beginning...needless to say, Deathly Hallows broke my heart. I love Ron and the twins, as well as Sirius.

My least favorite is, hands down, Hagrid. Can we say useless character? I never once was able to focus during his parts. I'm also not completely sold on Ginny.
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Favorites:

Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Nymphadora Tonks
Ginny Weasley
Fred Weasley
George Weasley

Least Favorites:

Cornelius Fudge
Delores Umbridge
Fenrir Greyback
Peter Pettigrew
Bellatrix Lestrange
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
James885 Profile PhotoJames885 Profile Photo
James885
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Favorite:
Severus Snape
Neville Longbottom
Fred and George
Luna Lovegood
Lupin & Tonks

Least Favorite:
Gilderoy Lockhart
Bellatrix Lestrange - I was so glad she got what was coming to her
Dolores Umbridge
Cornelius Fudge
Greyback
Ginny - I never knew enough about her
"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
ComaBaby01 Profile PhotoComaBaby01 Profile Photo
ComaBaby01
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'll tell you what, I have little respect for James Potter after this last book. I still don't completely understand what Lily Potter saw in him.
"Love all; Trust a few; Do wrong to none." --William Shakespeare
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
colleen_lee Profile Photocolleen_lee Profile Photo
colleen_lee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Faves:
Sirius
Remus
Fred and George
Neville
Hermione
"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Clay and I had a long chat about what there is to like about James. I don't feel like getting into it right now, but needless to say I still have a lot of fondness for both James and Lily. It's impossible to use the events of DH to make you lose respect for James without also losing respect for Sirius and at least partially for Remus.
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Favs:

Harry (He's Harry!)
Voldermort (Just a good evil character)
Fred & George (For the comedy relief)
Luna (I like the way she is written and portrayed in the movie)
Hermoine ( She's Hermoine!)
Ron (He's Ron! Plus I love his smart remarks)
McGonagall (Like the way she is written and portrayed on screen)

Least Favs:

Drako Malfoy ( Not really evil just snotty. And I feel a bit underdeveloped as a character)

Rita Skeeter ( Just annoying...as she is supposed to be!)

Doby (At first I didn't like him or the way he was written,but warmed up to him a bit)

Hagrid ( Even though he was loyal to the school, the kids and Dumbledore, I was a bit annoyed that the character didn't really seem to learn from some of the wrong things he did)
Just give the world Love.
shootinstr11 Profile Photoshootinstr11 Profile Photo
shootinstr11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Um, let's just say that I would marry Sirius Black.
Raviolisun Profile PhotoRaviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tonks and Ginny.
One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile PhotoCaroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Favs:
Umbridge
Luna
Mrs Weasley
Neville
Prof. Mcgonnagal

Least Favs:
bellatrix
vernon dursley
draco
griphook
"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
GuitarGirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Um, let's just say that I would marry Sirius Black."

Considering how lonely he was in OotP, he might've just taken you up on that offer. :P