PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BUSH in CRISIS: ROVE Subpoenaed!#1
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:26pm
WOW!

===

In a letter to Rove, Leahy gives the White House official a week to appear before the panel and testify under oath.

“I hope that the White House takes this opportunity to reconsider its blanket claim of executive privilege, especially in light of the testimony that the President was not involved in the dismissals of these U.S. Attorneys,” Leahy said in his letter. “I am left to ask what the White House is so intent on hiding that it cannot even identify the documents, the dates, the authors and recipients that they claim are privileged.”

===

Read the rest at the link!

Leahy issues subpoena for Rove
Updated On: 7/26/07 at 01:26 PM
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ROVE Subpoenaed!#2
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:31pm
As Eliza Doolittle sings:

All I want is
'Enry
'Iggins
'Ead!

re: ROVE Subpoenaed!
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ROVE Subpoenaed!#2
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:37pm
OMG! That picture makes my heart SING!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ROVE Subpoenaed!#3
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:58pm
Best picture EVUH!
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ROVE Subpoenaed!#4
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:02pm
eh, better a year late than not at all i guess
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ROVE Subpoenaed!#5
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:04pm
How many times have I quoted the Wicked Witch of the West? "These things must be done delicately, or you'll break the spell!"
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ROVE Subpoenaed!#6
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:22pm
That picture looks suitable for framing. Now if we can only get the same pose with Dick Cheney.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ROVE Subpoenaed!#7
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:31pm
I have heard that for Rove, Bush will claim spousal immunity.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: BUSH in CRISIS: ROVE Subpoenaed!#8
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:49pm
Bush is officially in crisis.
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joey has BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome)#9
Posted: 7/26/07 at 3:57pm
WOW!

You really believe all this sH**?
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
D2 Profile PhotoD2 Profile Photo
D2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joey has BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome)#10
Posted: 7/26/07 at 4:04pm
So how long before they start handing each other the cyanide pills?
Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joey has BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome)#11
Posted: 7/26/07 at 4:18pm
No, I don't believe any of Gonzales' Sh*t. He lied before congress. Period. I don't know how anyone can look at his testimony and beleive otherwise.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joey has BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome)#12
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:21pm
G has discraced the office of the Attorney General! He will be protected by the fantasy bunker of Bush and probably not resign until December 2008.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lies? what lies?#13
Posted: 7/27/07 at 6:45am
since i have a real-life grown-up job and can't follow all the minute details anymore (damn that internet monitoring software) perhaps someone could explain exactly which lies my buddy 'berto told which have him in hot water.

and that pic...since what? 2003 it's been making the rounds? good luck with it. maybe after another presidential loss in '08 the democratic congress can continue to chase turd blossom into the sunset. the only question is, who'll be singing their version of impossible dream?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lies? what lies?#14
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:23am
Papa, first, get your priorities in order and QUIT THAT JOB! You & your family can live under a bridge, as long as that bridge offers wifi.

And to be honest, I'm having trouble following the Gonzales thing, too. I watched his testimony on C-SPAN and I couldn't concentrate on what he said because his pants were on fire. All I know is that when you bring it up, HD goes oddly silent, so I bring it up a lot.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
AP Article on Gonzales's Perjury#15
Posted: 7/27/07 at 9:12am
Congrats on the new job, Papa. Here's the AP article on one of teh instances of Gonzales's perjury, one of many in a pattern of perjury.

He also lied about what happened during the outrageous visit to John Ashcroft's hospital room.

He also lied about not knowing about the FBI civil-liberties abuses when he had been given a report on them 3 months earlier.

The lies started in January 2005 at a Senate hearing on the wiretaps.

Basically, Republicans and Democrats in Congress both feel that the man has CONSISTENTLY lied when testifying in front of them, which is why my sources in the Administration have wanted Bush to dump him for a long time.

Bush's sticking by Gonzales and Rove has alienated Republicans who wanted this administration to bring back integrity to the White House. They're making long-range plans now because they feel that Bush has harmed the GOP for a generation until new leaders come around.

The depression and disillusionment is profound.

Documents contradict Gonzales' testimony
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
THE NEW YORK TIMES

F.B.I. Chief Challenges Gonzales’s Testimony

By DAVID STOUT
Published: July 26, 2007

WASHINGTON, July 26 — The dispute over the truthfulness of Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales reached a new intensity today as the F.B.I. Director, Robert S. Mueller 3rd, contradicted Mr. Gonzales’s sworn testimony before a Senate committee.

Mr. Mueller told the House Judiciary Committee that the Bush administration’s secret eavesdropping program was the main topic at an encounter in the hospital room of then-Attorney General John Ashcroft on March 10, 2004, contrary to what Mr. Gonzales told a Senate panel on Tuesday.

At the time, Mr. Gonzales was the White House counsel, and Mr. Ashcroft was recovering from gall bladder surgery. That March night, Mr. Gonzales went to the hospital room with Andrew H. Card Jr., then White House chief of staff.

In his testimony before the Senate panel on Tuesday, Mr. Gonzales said the subject in the hospital room was “intelligence activities” under debate in the administration, but not the secret eavesdropping program.

But Mr. Mueller contradicted that version of events today, several hours after four Senate Democrats called for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate whether Mr. Gonzales perjured himself before Congress.

[more at link]
F.B.I. Chief Challenges Gonzales’s Testimony
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Exactly. His pants were, in fact, on fire.