Page: 1

Rescue Dog Who Searched for 9/11 Survivors Dies

Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NEW YORK (July 26) - A black Labrador who became a national canine hero after burrowing through white-hot, smoking debris in search of survivors at the World Trade Center site died Wednesday after a battle with cancer.

Rescue Dog Who Searched for 9/11 Survivors Dies

More...
Dog Who Searched for 9/11 Survivors Dies
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 7/26/07 at 12:56 PM
Kristie-K2 Profile PhotoKristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now that's a hero!!! Bless his heart!!!!
SorryGrateful
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What a wonderful dog! How sad.

I like animals so much more than people.
You promised me poems. ~Tricky
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This was not just an animal. This was a saint.
AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
how sad. may he rest in peace.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
Greekmusicalfan Profile PhotoGreekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you read the article, it says that he also helped in New Orleans after Katrina and in other occasions !
What a wonderful dog ! So much more helpful and useful than many humans ! I strongly believe and say, that dogs are the most wonderful and kind beings on earth !

May he rest in peace !
RockabyeHamlet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That dog's actions defy discription. He did what many humans would be afraid to do. God Bless him.
"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee
Tom1071 Profile PhotoTom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not to diminish his contribution because he was a truly remarkable animal...but as the article says, it will be difficult to determine if his cancer was related to being apart of the 9/11 rescue efforts or a common occurance in animals of that age.

He was 12 years old. The life expectancy for a Labrador is 11 to 14 years. My Lab was put down at 12 because of cancer. It was heartbreaking.

What amazing joy and love our pets bring to our lives.