Dean's Latest Faux Puax

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dean's Latest Faux Puax#0
Posted: 12/27/03 at 10:40am
His latest is a doozy. He basically said we should not pre judge Bin Laden's guilt. His handlers must have had heart attcks as he immediately tried to back track. The other 8 candidates will be ready to pounce. Dean reminds me of the Titanic. We have mad cow disease . Now we have Howard Dean madness a/k/a Foot in Mouth Disease
Poster Emeritus
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#1
Posted: 12/27/03 at 1:16pm
No offense intended, but you paraphrasing something and saying somebody "basically said" something is about as reliable a news source as smoke signals. EITHER link to the source of what you are saying OR explain to us why anybody should take YOUR word when you are saying somebody "basically" said something at some point in time?

Perhaps you are talking about the reprehensible Dick Gephardt ads that try to use Bin Laden the way Bush the First used Willie Horton to fight Dukakis? The ads that are making Gephardt donators ask for their money back? I mean, you might be, but WHO WOULD KNOW??

By the way, it was very continental of you to try to use French in your thread title, but you misspelled the last word, which sort of undermines your whole effort.
Link
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#2
Posted: 12/27/03 at 1:20pm
Once again you pull a quote of of context and don't provide any source. Here's the real story. Dean was not implying that Osama is not guilty. He was simply saying that even he should get a trial and be judged there. I know in the age of The Patriot Act that seems like something foriegn I suppose. Here's some from an interview with AP.
"In a wide-ranging interview with The Associated Press, Dean also said Friday he wants Osama bin Laden to get the death penalty, seeking to minimize fallout from a New Hampshire newspaper story in which he was quoted as saying the terror leader's guilt should not be prejudged.

"As a president, I would have to defend the process of the rule of law. But as an American, I want to make sure he gets the death penalty he deserves," Dean told the AP in a phone interview."
And here's the ACTUAL quote you are referring to Mr. Roxy.
"I'm sure that is the correct sentiment of most Americans, but I do think if you're running for president, or if you are president, it's best to say that the full range of penalties should be available. But it's not so great to prejudge the judicial system."
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#3
Posted: 12/27/03 at 1:29pm
WOW! WHAT A FAUX PUAX!

You'd think somebody like Roxy, who has basically said that he himself is a chain-smoking law breaker who enjoys breaking the law by finding indoor locations in NYC in which to smoke, which is against the law, would have SOME concern about civil liberties even though he has basically said he is a right winger with fascist leanings, basically.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway."
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#4
Posted: 12/27/03 at 1:30pm
he he he he he he he

Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#5
Posted: 12/27/03 at 1:35pm
I stand corrected by the all knowing Namo A/K/A God. I should be honored he deigned to answer my humble post. I shall treasure this moment always. Wait a minute, every time I post he will correct me so all I need do is wait for my next post & quicker than a flash will come his alledged witty retort. Fire away, my good man
Poster Emeritus
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, see, Erik is the person who knew what the hell it was you were vaguely (AND INCORRECTLY) alluding too. It does show the limitations of your summarizing skills, Roxy.

But it's great to see you actually admit that you were wrong! Congrats!
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Read my corrected post, Namo. You are God so you are always right & I am a mere mortal so I am always wrong. What other explanation could there be. I see why you rested on the 7 th day as it must have been hard for you to create the world in 6. I would have thought someone as brilliant as you could have snapped his fingers & it would have been done. You disappoint me, Namo

As far as the original post , I have better things to do & we are entertaining with some people tonight. I will, within the next day or so, state exactly what he is reported to have said & what news service carried it. I know to you Dean can do no wrong but I will give you the details & do with them as you wish.

See you later God
Poster Emeritus
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You've promised these sort of explanations before. And then you let the thread drop away without another contribution from you. I'm not God, but I've certainly been around long enough to see your patterns and to know them, even if you aren't aware of them. I mean, HOW HARD IS IT TO LINK TO YOUR SOURCE???

A link wouldn't take more than 30 seconds from your prep work for entertaining tonight.

FYI, I NEVER EVER said that Dean can do no wrong. EVER. But you saying he "basically" said something in a thread designed to provoke a response (c'mon, why else would you publish it?) and then acting all attacked and put upon when I do respond is VERY disingenuous.

It's your tactic to provoke and claim victim when you get the response you desire in the first place. That's what it is, and it gets clearer to everybody the more you do it.

I noticed in a thread on the other board (that I haven't even contributed to) three different members called you crazy. So, it's not just a personal thing with me.

TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
now girls, don't fight. You're both pissy.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
as in "full of piss and vinegar" of course. Very refreshing.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is using the P-word on here a Faux Puax?

We may both be something, but only one of us deals in facts and supports our assertions.
Al Dente Profile PhotoAl Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Namo, you ROCK!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was in flagrante delicto with a man from Brazil about six hours after I read your post, Al. And suddenly, its meaning made me laugh out loud! (It didn't register when I first read it; I must be getting slow on the uptake.) Is LOLing at such a time a faux puax?
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For an example of a true faux paux (what a fun word to type) please go visit the "I hate to bring war/politics up on the board" thread momentarily.

Update:
Unfortunately I am visiting my parents for the holidays and their computer is ancient so I can't provide any of the links I wanted to. But I'm going back home today do y'all will just have to wait a little longer.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's hard to get it right, but to be totally Roxarian, it's "faux puax."
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#16
Posted: 12/28/03 at 7:03pm
As someone who is opposed to the death penalty, I struggle with Dean's modification of his original stance in the early '90s. But I can understand and respect his rationale for said modifications.

The link below summarizes the changes in his stance pretty clearly.
Dean's position on the death penalty
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#17
Posted: 12/28/03 at 11:29pm
Musta been QUITE the blow-out Chez Roxy. It's almost 36 hours since we've heard from him here. That's not like him to say he's going to post something explaining his rationale and then not do it. Oh wait. It's EXACTLY like him.

By the way, "Faux Puax" is a phrase craze that has SWEPT my friendship circle. Everybody's saying it. Pronounced "foe poo ax," it fits into most every sentence. My friend Suzi said, "I wore my Americans for Dean stocking cap to my dad's on Christmas night. He's a Republican. Apparently he thought it was a big foe poo ax."

My nephew is thinking of changing his band's name from "The Awesome Amazings" to "The Foe Poo Ax."
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#18
Posted: 12/29/03 at 6:10am
Ho Hum
Poster Emeritus
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#19
Posted: 12/29/03 at 12:10pm
BINGO! Thank you for doing that thing you do! You are actually demonstrating the pattern I described. What a surprise! Actually delivering what you promised was never in the picture.
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Dean's Latest Faux Puax#20
Posted: 12/29/03 at 5:47pm

***** R - TFYM *****
Poster Emeritus
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dare I ask what that means?
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bet I can guess the FY part....
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: dean's latest faux puax#23
Posted: 12/30/03 at 12:21pm
i believe, and i could be wrong here since i am not exactly fluent in cheese eating surrender monkey-ese, that the correct spelling is fox pause...like a comercial during a fair and balanced newscast.

hello boyz! i'm ba-aack!
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: dean's latest faux puax#24
Posted: 12/30/03 at 12:26pm
C'mere ya big lug!

That was funny, FYI, LOL, ETC.