Page: 1

musicality in TV commercials?

Bway_Mill_Fan Profile PhotoBway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
musicality in TV commercials?#0
Posted: 12/12/03 at 8:00pm
do you like them or hate them? i.e. Ebay(which actually has a bway performer in it) and the new marshalls one
Hello Gorgeous
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: musicality in TV commercials?#1
Posted: 12/12/03 at 10:22pm
I love the ebay commerical!!!!
~*Christa*~ "Don't ya wanna be the life of the party?" Idina Menzel, THE WILD PARTY
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: musicality in TV commercials?#2
Posted: 12/12/03 at 11:49pm
Me too, they totally crack me up :)
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: musicality in TV commercials?#3
Posted: 12/13/03 at 8:35am
I love the Ebay commercials. I especially enjoyed the one with the woman dancing and singing on the back of a truck.

If the Marshall's commercial is the one with taht annoying woman doing her shopping list to The Tweleve Days Of Christmas...I detest that one.

http://www.danperezgallery.com
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What disturbs me is that there's a baby diaper commercial using Verdi's Requiem....
Bway_Mill_Fan Profile PhotoBway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
yes thats the marshalls one. many copycats are coming out nowre: re: re: re: musicality in TV commercials?
dotmarie Profile Photodotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What are the commercials that use "Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better" in them? I remember back in 6th grade people used to sing that song because they remembered the commercial, and I'd be like, "That's from a musical." And they'd say, "It is!?"

only I can't remember what the commercial is for......
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL I liked the one that was on a while back that had the guy who sang "Kay Sa-ra sa-ra" (sp?" in Beaches...he played Fred the Pharmacist on The Nanny. lol the commercial had him singing, "I'm so happy, I'm floating on cloud nine" while he and a bunch of people danced down the street.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dotmarie, I don't know what commercial used to use "Anything You Can Do..." in the past but currently it's being used in a laundry detergent commercial. I think it's Tide but not positive of that.
http://www.danperezgallery.com