Page: 1

Performers You Used to Hate but Now Love

BobbyBubby Profile PhotoBobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Performers You Used to Hate but Now Love#0
Posted: 2/27/06 at 11:38pm
Who is a favorite performer of yours that you used to hate?

For me: Amy Spanger. Used to drive me nuts. But after seeing her in The Wedding Singer and a workshop of Feeling Electric, I have become a big fan. It must have been seeing her live that did it. Even listening to old recordings that used to irritate me, I have new respect.

Updated On: 2/27/06 at 11:38 PM
muscle23ftl Profile Photomuscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I never hated her, but i thought for example that Brooke Shields was not gonna be able to carry Wonderful Town and she was extraordinary. Then Tamyra Gray in Bombay Dreams was a big surprise. Also Toni Braxton in Aida, her voice was way better than on her cds. And lately Nancy Anderson was able to hit high notes in Fanny Hill. So i wouldn't say i hated them, but they did surprise me.
"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
sanda Profile Photosanda Profile Photo
sanda
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hate Mandy Patinkin when I heard his Sancho in Man of La Mancha studio recording. Totally a disaster.

Later I heard him in the Secret Garden cast recording and fell in love with him.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've only heard her in Les Miserables, but Frances Ruffelle. I really grew to love her voice and believe it's perfect for the role.
zoran912 Profile Photozoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The performers I "hate" tend to stay hated. The performers I "love," on the other hand, are never safe from falling off that list.
melissa errico fan Profile Photomelissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The only one that I can think of is Orfeh. I hated everything she did until TRAILER PARK. After TP, I became a die-hard fan. re: Performers You Used to Hate but Now Love