Page: 1

SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!

SarahHIYE Profile PhotoSarahHIYE Profile Photo
SarahHIYE
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#0
Posted: 9/12/04 at 8:55pm
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one else as excited as I am?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!
Jeff Goldblum: That's true, I am always right!
thirdrowcenter Profile Photothirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#1
Posted: 9/12/04 at 10:51pm
Spoiler

Well, we finally found out what happened to Lisa. Her sister's daughter knew her dad was involved in her death?
All the characters storylines seemed to be tied up. This wasn't the series finale was it?
SarahHIYE
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#2
Posted: 9/12/04 at 11:23pm
SPOILER

Okay, about Lisa... That whole thing fa-REAKED me out (I had a floor meeting and had to tape the ep and just finished watching it). All of a sudden BANG! He never actually said "I killed her" but he did, right? And omg... When the police were bringing the body out and there was blood all over the porch... *shudder shudder*

But yay for Brenda and Nate getting married!!! And omg isn't Maya just a doll?!

The ending was great too. I missed Nathaniel!

What did you guys think?!
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#3
Posted: 9/13/04 at 12:16am
I found Ruth's situation most disturbing.
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
SarahHIYE
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#4
Posted: 9/13/04 at 12:41am
I have no idea what's going on with Ruth and George... It is very disturbing. The guy is obviously insane. I wish she had gotten to speak further with his daughter...

And can I also add a WTF to Claire for hooking up with Billy *again*!!!! ARGH! Don't you get it yet Claire?!?! He's DERRANGED!!!!!
CurtainUp2 Profile PhotoCurtainUp2 Profile Photo
CurtainUp2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#5
Posted: 9/13/04 at 1:24am
Yes, but Claire is on her way to becoming a "meth" addict. Looks like she's going to have bigger problems than Billy next season!
And maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Lisa's Brother-in-law kill himself? I was in and out during that scene. I'll have to catch the repeat tomorrow night. But my impression was that Lisa's Brother-in-law was in love with her, and that he killed her, and when Nate confronted him, he confessed and then killed himself. Is this not what happened? Like I said, I could have it all wrong.
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela
SarahHIYE
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#6
Posted: 9/13/04 at 8:21am
Curtain--no that's exactly what happened. Except that he never said 'I killed her' he said 'We went our separate ways' and then took out the gun and (omg I thought he was gonna kill Nate!) put it in his mouth. *shudder*
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#7
Posted: 9/13/04 at 10:45am
That episode was second in shock value to me only to the carjacking episode. God that was crazy. I have to watch it again.
Hamlet's father.
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#8
Posted: 9/22/04 at 6:19pm
This season was the best they've done. I had a friend tape it and send it to me here in the UK and thank God I did, because if I had had to wait week to week I would have been absolutely beside myself.

The finale episode did resolve some issues from the season, Lisa's death being the primary one, but there is so much going on for next season. Keith and that weird movie producer, Ruth and Crazy George (there is comedy potential there, but it could also get very bleak very fast), Claire's many issues (besides the Billy thing (and he may be deranged but he's also hot), she's turning into an addict and a bitch), Nate and Brenda (methinks Justin Theroux is not gone for good), and of course David's hopeful return to normality.

With the exception of 3 episodes, I HATED the third season of the show and I approached season 4 with trepidation, but they absolutely excelled themselves. And so many of the weekly death storylines were great too. The guy who lost his family in a car accident broke my heart, the guy who was shot in the head by the robbers really disturbed me, and the whole comic book geek one was just pitch perfect. It was a joy to watch. Bring on season 5.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
CurtainUp2 Profile PhotoCurtainUp2 Profile Photo
CurtainUp2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#9
Posted: 9/22/04 at 7:12pm
popcultureboy... Interesting that you feel the way you do about season #4. Most of the critics (and a large number of fans as well) here in the States think just the opposite. They feel that the show really went down-hill this season with far-fetched storylines and main characters acting and sounding more and more like the whiny, shrill, self-absorbed brats they are. As for myself, while I didn't think this season was the shows finest hour, I felt that it picked up steam toward the end, and I thought the season finale was one of the best episodes of the season. I really liked the way they set up the storylines for next season. The one episode that just left a bad taste in my mouth was David's abduction. It offended me. The last thing I need to see is a gay man being victimized, and on some level, seeming to enjoy it, by fantasizing sexually about his abductor. I also felt they could have told the same story in far less time. There was no need to devote nearly an entire episode to the actual abduction. But that's just my opinion. Sometimes, and I notice this with cable series imparticular, it's necessary for the show's creators to veer off-course (and it usually happens in the 3rd or 4th season), before bringing things back around. I'm looking forward to season #5!
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela
Updated On: 9/23/04 at 07:12 PM
Broadwaylady Profile PhotoBroadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#10
Posted: 9/22/04 at 7:27pm
I did not find the season finale as good as I thought it would be. I am glad they finally put closure on Lisa's death and was shocked, as everyone else, that it was her brother-in-law that killed her. I always thought she commited suicide because Nate did not love her. As for George, he is way over the top. I don't like to see Ruth in an unhappy situation. It makes the show depressing although the show is basically about people in a funeral problem and death is always there. I like the opening scene where they show a death because I like to try to figure out what will happen. The boy losing his whole family was very sad. Fredrico will probably continue to have problems with Vanessa, Claire is turning into a real druggie and somehow, I think Nate and Brenda will always have some kind of relationship problems. I do not think that baby is cute. I am sorry. But, I expected the season finale to have more of a punch.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SIX FEET UNDER SEASON FINALE!!!#11
Posted: 9/23/04 at 3:50am
What never sat right about Lisa's "suicide" was she and Nate had been having a lot of problems but they were all resolved in the episode before she left and they were both much happier, so it never really made any sense. And of course, like Nate said, she never would have left her daughter.

Furthermore, I don't think any of the main character's arcs have been too off kilter and I wouldn't really call the story lines far fetched. The only character who is getting really whiny is Claire, but Lauren Ambrose is a joy to watch so for some reason it isn't bothering me that much. And so many peripheral characters this season have unfinished arcs, that there will be a lot of returning guest actors next season, I hope. Bring it on.

As for David's abduction, it needed to be truly horrific in order to justify his subsequent breakdown. He only has 2 fantasies about the abductor, one before anything has happened, one is crack induced. His being gay had nothing to do with his being victimised, so nothing bothered me there. By the time the guy poured gasoline over him I was watching through splayed fingers, I just couldn't deal with it.

Maybe I only enjoyed this season so much because I hated the previous one so intensely, who knows? Does anyone know why this season was only 12 and not 13 episodes though?
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.