Page: 1

Rainy day

showmethetony Profile Photoshowmethetony Profile Photo
showmethetony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Rainy day#0
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:31pm
It is raining cats and dogs in Pittsburgh and will continue to do so for a couple of days I suppose due to hurricane down south. I wish I was at home, under a blanket with a good book and a cup of hot tea.
when you grow up surrounded by willful ignorance you have to believe mercy has its own country and that it's round and borderless ~Animal, Ani Difranco
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#1
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:32pm
It's not the hurricane.

Ever heard of President Bush?
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#2
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:34pm
You don't have to tell ME...I got soaked clear through to my underwear this morning walking to work because there were no up-town trains running - and I just MIGHT be dry by 5:00, when I shall promptly go out and get soaked all over again...OY
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#3
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:34pm
Why lady G! One good drip deserves another i suppose. LOL!
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#4
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:36pm
It was raining here, earlier. Rain and I have a love-hate relationship. Today, it's hate, because I really wanted to go shopping. Stupid weather.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#5
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:36pm
redhot, my downtown train became an uptown at 59th Street!! How's that for tricky??? And the nightmare that was my morning commute today had only just begun at that point...
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#6
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:41pm
Rath - my socks are lying on the floor next to me in front of a space heater to (hopefully) dry in time to go home...I hate shoes with no socks and I feel so tacky today...
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#7
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:44pm
We'll just call you Crockett today.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
showmethetony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Rainy day#8
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:44pm
redhot - this morning I actually saw someone walking downtown in a pair of water shoes...What the?? At the beach...maybe, at a public pool, okay...In broad day light for no good reason? What the hell were they thinking? Whenever I see people dressed poorly in public I think they must live alone b/c clearly if they lived with a loved one they would be stopped from making such mistakes...
when you grow up surrounded by willful ignorance you have to believe mercy has its own country and that it's round and borderless ~Animal, Ani Difranco
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#9
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:47pm
I agree - and personally I do not like those aquasock thingys even at the beach...they are just not nice footwear - and guys wear them to WORK OUT in...how unsafe is that?
I have been trying to hide my ankles all day long!
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#10
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:48pm
Absolutely, showme. I'm the person whose coworkers have to fix tags for. As far as the water shoes, we all could have used those on the street today!
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#11
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:23pm
actually, this weather IS the remnants of W... er, Frances...
ponine24601
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#12
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:45pm
it's POURING here. stupid rain.
"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#13
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:50pm
I'm in Westchester and it's been pouring buckets since 8:45 this morning. It's crazy!!! There's flooding everywhere!
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
showmethetony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Rainy day#14
Posted: 9/8/04 at 5:06pm
the damned rain just makes me feel so LAZY! I have little motivation and a million things to do.
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#15
Posted: 9/8/04 at 5:13pm
It's absolutely gross out today.... I got completely soaked walking to the train this morning (which was still running in CT). By the time my hours commute was finished I was only partially dry, to then get soaked all over again on my way to my office. After I got here (I'm still here btw) I wound up spending close to 40 minutes locked out of my office because nobody else had gotten here yet. I love how I live in CT but I got here faster than everyone else (who live in NYC).

I've had to run out a few times today, and I've gotten equally soaked each time -- though luckily, not as soaked as I was this morning. In about an hour I get to leave and do it all over again hahaha

It's supposed to be like this all tonight and through tomorrow too. Boo that.

And I agree, showmethetony -- this weather makes me SOOO sleepy! Thank you god, it's been a little slower today.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 9/8/04 at 05:13 PM
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#16
Posted: 9/8/04 at 5:27pm
It has been raining here in Ohio all day, also...literally ALL DAY. I guess we should not be complaining, though. We are not the ones who are in Florida and homeless. Let's pray for them...
CCM '10!
bythesword84 Profile Photobythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#17
Posted: 9/8/04 at 7:19pm
*clears throat, climbs up on soapbox*

I usually take the 8:03 train into Penn. Today I was proud of myself because I made the 7:53 express to Penn instead.

Yet the train stopped at Jamaica. Why? Asked Christine. Before I had time to think about it we got told "This train has been cancelled you have to cross over to the other train across the platform."

And so my mega filled train had to get onto the other already filled train and squish ourselves into the aisles.

Then, the train stoppped (with 3 other trains) right outside the tunnel and the PA went on with "There's a fire on the 3rd rail so we're going to be here awhile."

The train gets into Penn at 9:30.

I go to catch the 1 or 9 and its MOBBED to get on. Wait about 10 minutes, the 9 pulls in. They announce that you can only get as far as 42nd street.

Forget getting a cab, I had a 10:00 class and wouldn't have even had a cab until after 10:00 so I walked the 26 blocks with all my books and everything on my back.

I managed to get there at 10:05.

I think I sweated off an entire person.

*gets off soap box*
And hang on, when did you win the discus?
shesings Profile Photoshesings Profile Photo
shesings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#18
Posted: 9/8/04 at 7:35pm
I finally got to wear my rain boots! Hooray!
BroadwayMonkey Profile PhotoBroadwayMonkey Profile Photo
BroadwayMonkey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rainy day#19
Posted: 9/8/04 at 8:43pm
Why do you guys get rain?!? We never get rain in the summer.
Real men are tenors.