Gay Rage

robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gay Rage#0
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:48pm
Anyone else feeling it lately? Cause it's the new thing. I'm inventing it.

You've heard of the gay panic defense, right? Where heteros can get off bashing or killing a homo because the homo made a pass at the straight guy and he panicked?

That's so passe. Now, I'm giving you 'gay rage'. I know it's welling up inside me. It's taking me a whole hell of a lot of energy to keep from lashing out at people because of the hateful, bigoted, homophobic policies enshrined in this year's Republican agenda.

Mark my words...if things don't get better...someone's going to lash out in a big way. And I'm not sure I'll feel all that bad about it.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#1
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:50pm
Robbie, I was just talking about this exact same thing with someone the other day. I'm feeling it just as much as you are.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#2
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:51pm
And yes, I realize that the avatar of Shirley Booth may undercut my argument just a tad.

However...I know that our Hazel would be on the right side of this culture war.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#3
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:52pm
Hazel was a big ol' d*ke. Clearly.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 9/8/04 at 01:52 PM
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#4
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:52pm
There's only so much we as a community can take before some of us snap.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#5
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:53pm
You know that b*tch would be driving a Harley and shopping at Home Depot if she were still around!
BT Profile PhotoBT Profile Photo
BT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#6
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:55pm
take that Mr. B!
I sing for myself. I sing when I want, whenever I want to, just for me. I sing for my own pleasure. Do you understand that?
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#7
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:56pm
She sure would. She'd be living with Alice.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: gay rage#8
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:56pm
let's see now who else uses the do what i want or i'll hurt people method of achieving change? where would i have heard of someone threatening to do others harm if they don't adhere to that person or group's policies or accept and make allowances for their grievances? i know i read something about that recently...slippery slope, robbie. and not lubed with astroglide either. how many groups have achieved their goals with violence? you think it's bad now? go ahead, in this day and age start a militant gay movement, something akin to the black panthers or sds. i'll promise to visit you and bake a cake with a nice file in it.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 9/8/04 at 01:56 PM
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: gay rage#9
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:00pm
I never said I wanted to, papa.

I'm actually quite frightened by the intensity I, myself, feel. And I'm actually not advocating it. I'd rather talk about it here than actually lash out.

But the depth of feeling that is produced due to this agenda is astonishing. And I'm a peacenik...sort of.

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#10
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:00pm
I agree - after attending a candelight vigil for Gwen Araujo and meeting her mother, Sylvia Guererro, the topic of conversation became "What if we panicked and struck out at the next woman who flirted with us in public"? The gay marrige issue is another sticking point with me. The more I hear people debate the issue, especially the right - wing fundies - I have so much anger that it scares me. I know it's not healthy - but what's a girl to do? On a lighter side - I recieved a solicitation via e-mail from Pottery Barn about their Wedding Registry. I simply replied back that I was a gay man, and under federal law I am not allowed to participate in the sanctity of marriage. Maybe if enough of us did this - we may get some unexpected allies. Capitalism can be a powerful tool!
Updated On: 9/8/04 at 02:00 PM
midtowngym Profile Photomidtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#11
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:09pm
It feels bleak.
Our Idiot-In-Chief will be re-elected, cause americans can be that stupid. After that, I have to worry about Giuliani all over AGAIN? And i've spent my entire adult life living through the AIDS crisis (physically but not emotionally unscathed--watching friends all around me die.)
I can cheer up any party.
'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#12
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:35pm
Is there hetero panic defense? If a straight man hits on me, can I freak out and kill him?

I want to grab people and shake them and rant about beliefs and marraige and homosexuality. I'm chock full of gay rage and I'm just itching for a homophobic straight person to object to my views.

WannaBDiva, about your icon...that's not La Cage aux Folles, is it?
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#13
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:35pm
amen.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#14
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:38pm
Why yes Mythus - it is! One of my faves. I think this rage thing deserves a support group. Oh no - Valley of the Dolls just came on - speaking of support groups!
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#15
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:43pm
I love La Cage! I can't wait to see Gary Beach as Albin. *happy sigh*

A support group? You mean, supporting people to supress their gay rage or supporting them to lash out? I like the lashing out.
Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#16
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:44pm
"Our Idiot-In-Chief will be re-elected, cause americans can be that stupid."

All too true, midtowngym. People say our Chimp-in-Chief does so well with the average American because they think he's "just like me." Maybe I'm crazy, but I DON'T want a president like that. I want someone smarter than me in office, someone who actually knows somethin about how to run a country, because I sure as hell don't (and our executive primate doesn't either).
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#17
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:47pm
**ahem** Shrub is NOTHING like me. Thank you.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#18
Posted: 9/8/04 at 2:49pm
HHHMMMM...I would actually vote for YOU Rose - someone who can admit to not knowing how to run the country. That's honesty we could all use right now. What do you say - "Rose's Turn" anyone :) And Mythus - lets talk about that lashing thing - sorry - off the subject again!
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#19
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:05pm
I feel more fear than rage. The fact that the leader or our country endorses bigotry scares the hell out of me. If he succeeds, what next? Each gay person counts as 1/3 vote? Seperate facilities? It's not a huge leap. When he decides that we do not deserve equal rights, he is telling the country we are not equal citizens and the existing bigots will have no problem treating us that way. Already, states are lining up to take away rights they already gave to us (which proves that even if you do get legal rights, the country could care less if they are reversed and taken away). Which is why I'm more inclined to move to Spain (should the government keep its promise) until these days of darkness in the US pass.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#20
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:07pm
amen Matt. Look out for yourself... and your relationship.
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#21
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:08pm
But if you do that, than the terrorists will win.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#22
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:11pm
Okay Matt_G - please tell me that was sarcasm ( I can't always tell with you! LOL) So far Bush is the biggest terrorist threat to my life than Al Queda.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#23
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:13pm
The terrorists only win if I decided never to return. Believe me, I'm doing my part and am seeing to it my family and friends are doing the same. But what it boils down to is that Jarico and I want to be together, no matter where in the world is has to be. If it can't be here, then it will be somewhere else. Life's too short not to spend it with the person you love, especially if you have the opportunity to do so.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gay Rage#24
Posted: 9/8/04 at 3:14pm
LOL. Yes, I was referring to Bush as a terrorist.