"I don't front, yo! Why YOU frontin'?"

ShineOn Profile PhotoShineOn Profile Photo
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I don't front, yo! Why YOU frontin'?"#0
Posted: 9/6/04 at 6:31pm

Maybe Idina should take a few lessons from this little boy.

Keep it real, yo.

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How bored are you "girl who wants her name not to be posted on the board"?
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 9/6/04 at 06:31 PM
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, I think Idina needs to front a little more.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just wanted to show off the cuteness that is my baby boy.

Can't be any more bored than you, seeing as you responded to it not even a moment after I clicked post.

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That was coincidental
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Broadwaybaby614 Profile PhotoBroadwaybaby614 Profile Photo
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Dude...that kid is badass...
"And now for something completely different..."
Sumofallthings Profile PhotoSumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why is that child not in school? That's where the drugs are!
BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Because he's three years old and DAMN straight is he a badass! That's my boy... re: 'I don't front, yo! Why YOU frontin'?' (Ironically enough, he normally looks like a little prep... he's just a bit of a ham...)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's so absolutely fabulous that the role models our society has chosen to emulate are ghetto dwelling street thugs. For anyone desiring to duplicate this effect, all the accouterments you need can be found at your local retailer - including Wal-Mart.
DollyGirl Profile PhotoDollyGirl Profile Photo
DollyGirl
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Very good picture.. but give that kid a huge clock on a gold chain!! And make him wear it as a necklace re: 'I don't front, yo! Why YOU frontin'?'
I've got forty more minutes of home economics Then down with the text books And up with the comics
Updated On: 9/7/04 at 01:51 AM
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DGrant, I have to agree with you 100%.
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Shira - I try not to be accusatory, but facts are facts, you know?
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The picture was meant to be FUNNY, folks. Lighten up. He's wearing an oversized hat. His butt isn't hanging out of his oversized jeans or anything... no need to overreact. re: 'I don't front, yo! Why YOU frontin'?'
DollyGirl Profile PhotoDollyGirl Profile Photo
DollyGirl
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I got the humor of it.. re: 'I don't front, yo! Why YOU frontin'?'
I've got forty more minutes of home economics Then down with the text books And up with the comics
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's probably the only kid in the world that, if I met him, would make me turn and run away. His baditude scares me.
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aww... you wouldn't run after he told you he 'wuffed' you!
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DGrant, I totally understand. It's unfortunate in our society, that children choose role models that are famous for exploiting women, and glamorizing violence. Just what we need in a country where we go to war for the hell of it, or to avenge Daddy's defeat. Also, children idolize people like Britney Spears. Her claim to fame? More so than her music, her immodest dressing, lack of respect of marriage as a "sacred institution between a man and woman" (To quote Bush, who she thinks we should support because he's, like, the president). She's famous for being famous. When a 6 year old think it's appropriate to wear a mini-skirt and belly-baring shirt, we have a problem.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Daisy - I'm not over-reacting to anything. It is simply an acknowledgment of what is accepted these days as mainstream. The hat may be oversized, but it is still worn in a style popularized by gang culture - and in their attitude. And if that doesn't offend you, then so be it. I would NEVER want anyone I was associated with - especially a child - to appear to be copying a subculture that is completely disrespectful to the rest of human society - no matter how many white-bread suburbanites are copying it.
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I will add -- he's a cute kid though!
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DGrant, I understand where you're coming from, but I have to point out - Daisy's kid is mocking the "gangsta" subculture, not supporting it. I know you realize that, but there's a huge difference. For instance, in The Producers, Roger DeBris goes onstage as Adolf Hitler. Normally, this is shocking and horrible, until you realize that the show is making an ass of Hitler.

Ugh, I'm not making any sense tonight. Sorry.
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My point was he doesn't dress like this on a day to day basis... it was him playing 'dress up'. The point was to MOCK the badasses, not for him to actually emulate one. You just made a mountain out of a molehill.
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think you made perfect sense, Mythus. Exactly the point I was trying to make!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Shira - frankly, that's the most disturbing aspect of it to me. It's not that I think people are consciously choosing to emulate these value systems - they're just going along with whatever everyone else is doing. Well, what everyone is doing is copying a culture of death and destruction of property and societal systems. I have questioned people about this, and the answer is invariably, "But EVERYONE does it." And I agree, everyone does it because they haven't stopped to think for one SECOND what it means or what it represents.

And people wonder why we
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Good, at least you know what I'm trying to say. And, two seconds before you? That's a little creepy.
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That is creepy... it's like one mind... *enter eerie music here*