RNC Convention Review, 8/31

javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RNC Convention Review, 8/31#0
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:32pm
1. McCain was on point as usual.
2. Giuliani came off as a bit mean as usual.
3. Arnold is the envy of the other politicos of his party because he holds his audience captive like Reagan before him. Maybe itís a CA thing.
4. If I were to ever join the Republican Party after tonight, it would be on account of Laura Bush who is such a humble, beautiful, and unpretentious person.
5. The Bush twin daughters are total ditzes to be college graduates. Are they like 15 years old or what talking about Daddy Dearest waiting up for them at curfew time. That was TMII (too much irrelevant information) from what are supposed to be to grown women with lives of their own to lead now. Note: Babs is hot and should dump her ditzy sis Jenna in future public appearances.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 8/31/04 at 11:32 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RNC Convention Review, 8/31#1
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:34pm
I don't think the chain smoking wrinkles around Laura's lips are all that beautiful, but to each his own. I do think that the whole bad car accident and killing her one true love does give a gal a certain level of humility, if she knows what's good for her.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
bwaysinger Profile Photobwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RNC Convention Review, 8/31#2
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:34pm
"4. If I were to ever join the Republican Party after tonight, it would be on account of Laura Bush who is such a humble, beautiful, and unpretentious person. "

All I see staring out of those vacant eyes is a woman who long ago lost her soul.

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#3
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:37pm
i did particularly enjoy the twins invoking the "when we were young and irresponsible, we were young and irresponsible" line.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#4
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:38pm
The twins were asking for it with that line.

The one on the right came off as very annoying.

Laura had a lovely speech, and Ahnuld's would have been perfect if he didn't do the 'girly men' thing again.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#5
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:39pm
You fags and dykes are just too sensitive with a little name calling. It's all in good fun. What the hell are you pansies and bulldaggers gonna want next, equal rights?
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#6
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:39pm
"were" or "are"?
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#7
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:40pm
Babs (the babe of the two) was on the left!
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#8
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:40pm
Callin' me a dyke?

But really, Arnold, please, come up with a new phrase. It emitted a giggle the first time, but that's it.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#9
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:52pm
california senate president pro tem john burton, d-san francisco, responds to arnold's first use of the term towards the california legislature after the worked out a deal.

"when (the senate) accepted the fact that we were really 'girlie men,' we were just able to get over that," he said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/07/28/MNGGR7UBHU1.DTL

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#10
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:53pm
Didn't SNL make up the phrase in the first place?
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc convention review, 8/31#11
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:58pm
while doing a parody of ah-nuld. it takes big brass ones to steal a line from someone who's using it to point out what an a** you are. well, they say that those are not all that the steroids shrink...

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort